Empath Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rafael Sciullo

Pros
  • Being able to offer choices to patients and families Benefits are very good (in 14 reviews)

• Been with Empath Health for 3 years and have transferred departments and been promoted twice (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance which has more to do with my promotion than my employers (in 6 reviews)

• The new CEO is DISTROYING everything Mary built (in 6 reviews)

"Great opportunity to serve your community."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Empath Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very fulfilling work. The focus is definitely on patients and families and serving our community. Excellent benefits. Beautiful facilities. There are many talented and well educated employees on staff.

Cons

At times, it seems that there are not enough opportunities for career growth for non-clinical employees. I struggle with the desire to continue with the agency and the feeling that I am short changing my career.

Advice to Management

Respect includes listening to what others are saying including your direct reports and internal clients. This may not change outcomes but employees need to feel heard.

"Run! Since new CEO took over too many sad changes"

Former Employee - Staff RN in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Staff RN in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Empath Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are not too bad, and they give you extra $ if you do their fitbit program to your HSA.

Cons

They blame you for things you did not do without talking to you. They support their office staff. Nurses are expected to do back bends, and chart after hours (Nurses are salary) to meet the patient's needs as they are understaffed as everyone is hired and leaving. If you get hurt and need to do the physical (which is crazy hard and you will hurt for days later), and are unable to pass it nurses have been let go since there are no jobs for them at that time.
    You are on backup call for only $1.50 and hour and if you worked all day and on call all night you could be out all night plus need to work again the next day. It is not safe!!!!!!!!
    The new Season's is coming into Pinellas county and I am sure many of the staff will leave and go to the new hospice!

Advice to Management

The reason for employees leaving is all because of management, not the job! The CEO needs to look at most of these managers and realize they are not supportive and even expect their employees to violate the organization's policies and procedures.

"This is a very unethical company!"

Former Employee - Staff RN in Palm Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Staff RN in Palm Harbor, FL

I worked at Empath Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zero... worked there for two months - big mistake!!! I worked very hard paid to buy several scrubs and a computer bag, this company cost me more money then they paid me .

Cons

They accepted my two weeks notice! Then I show up to work and the manager said you can stop working today! So I left ... the outcome was that they are refusing to give me my 29 hours of p to that they owe me... I had saved it up. To weeks later I was told that I didn't give notice and that due to performance issues I was terminated!! With no p t o .... that is a lie I will seek help from an attorney next!!

Advice to Management

Stop trying to lie!! I have an email that proves I gave a two week notice! Just because a person gives notice doesn't mean you can falsify their performance record just to save a dim!!!

"Home Health Care Team Assistant"

Former Employee - Home Health Care Team Assistant in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Home Health Care Team Assistant in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Empath Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The nurses and aides I worked with were amazing!

Cons

There was a lot of micromanaging. Too many cooks in the kitchen as they say. I sent the same information to about 5 people everyday.

Advice to Management

Home Health has a lot of rules and regulations. Hire management that knows them inside and out

"Admission RN"

Current Employee - Admissions Nurse in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Admissions Nurse in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Empath Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great organization, a lot of training

Cons

very poor work/life balance in this position, work many more hours than scheduled and paid salary

"Not much of a place to work."

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Empath Health (More than a year)

Pros

Great bunch of nurses to work with who really care and do a great job, many opportunities to earn CEUs and Rewarding work. Great PRN department.

Cons

Company tries to discourage you working F/T. They don't like it when you have benefits and earn a fair wage, they have no pharmacy, or DME and discourage patients from being in their home where they are most comfortable.They would rather the patient go to the hospice house where Empath would make more money. They don't like LPNs on the teams. The new CEO is DISTROYING everything Mary built.

Advice to Management

Be loyal to the nurses that make this company run right, families are complaining about the "crappy service" and if patients want to stay in their home then let them. It's easier for the famiies and friends visit and not as stressful for the patient.

"Compassionate Care"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Empath Health (Less than a year)

Pros

Very caring staff who provide compassionate and quality care at end of life. The benefits are adequate and the paid time off generous.

Cons

None come to come that are significant

"opportunity for advancement"

Current Employee - Director in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Clearwater, FL

Pros

Been with Empath Health for 3 years and have transferred departments and been promoted twice. This organization recognizes internal candidates and provides opportunity to transfer between departments to gain experience.

Cons

competitive industry, highly regulated as are all healthcare organizations.

Advice to Management

Continue to share information with employees and listen to employees. Continue to grow.

"Social Worker"

Current Employee - Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Empath Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best leadership. The CEO listens to employees and is open to new ideas. Ongoing training is provided and best practices are taught . You have autonomy, support, and a great team oriented environment. I love my job.

Cons

It can get busy and flexibility is a must but both are pluses as well.

Advice to Management

keep on doing what you are doing

11. "It's all in the name"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Empath Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at ASAP/Empath Health for over 4 years. My career path has found me working in the religious/private/govt/and non-profit sectors. Of those, my experience with ASAP/Empath Health rates as one of the highest and most rewarding opportunities to serve others. It is here that staff are valued for their ability to bring compassionate care to those who are at a most vulnerable time in their lives, anticipating their next need. Staff are valued here as demonstrated by generous benefits, a great working environment, and the autonomy afforded to us to be about our work as a mission and not just a job. I hope that it is at ASAP/Empath Health where I will eventually retire. It's that good!

Cons

Any cons that rise to the level of sharing them, if any, in this forum would seem to me to be trying to just come up with some. I can't really come up with any.

Advice to Management

Keep us moving forward in being not only the experts in life changing care, but in our own personal development as caring, compassionate people.