Empereon Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Travis Bowley

Pros
  • The pay is decent but should be more for what you have to deal with (in 4 reviews)

• Dynamic management team, excellent growth and advancement opportunities, high energy sales environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It seems like no one communicates or knows what's going on (in 5 reviews)

• The hours are long and you're constantly on the phone with a lot of people who don't want to be talking to you (in 3 reviews)

1. "Overall Decent Experience"

Former Employee - Outbound Marketing Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Outbound Marketing Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Empereon Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a decent entry level job.. Good hours and the training really helped. Management is ok, but need to be more understanding when it comes to taking a day off.

Cons

Hourly pay could be better.
    Always messing up bonuses on paychecks.

Advice to Management

Become more organized to avoid errors on paychecks..

2. "Customer Service Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Las Cruces, NM
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at Empereon Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours for school schedules

Cons

Unprofessional, Bonuses are taken or reduced without notice to employees. Scheduled days off are usually taken due to sales numbers to reaching a goal. Managers yell and ridicule in the open.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect, don't ridicule or chastise in front of other employees. Keep bonuses as agreed upon when hired or at least give the employees notice of changes. Stop breaking HIPPA laws.

3. "Trainer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I worked at Empereon Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People, atmosphere, competitive pay, hours

Cons

Upper Management, lack of professionalism, favoritism

Advice to Management

PLEASE GET IT TOGETHER

5. "Eh, so so."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Coudersport, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Coudersport, PA

I worked at Empereon Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Two weeks of initial training is enjoyable & the trainers get you out of your chair and moving around the room working on projects or games that relate to the training that day.
    The pay isn't wonderful, but for a temporary job or a job without a degree, it's decent.
    You have the ability to make commission on your sales.

Cons

Being scheduled 9-6pm or 12pm-9, then having to work 9am-9pm weekdays and 9-6 on saturdays.
    Do not allow any missed days, you get yelled at even if you have a sick note.
    A lot of people seem to be on drugs.
    Many people don't act their age- more like teenagers than adults.
    Get yelled at by your supervisor if you go to the bathroom before making a sale (it's not always easy to make sales)

6. "Team Lead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Empereon Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working at Empereon. It feels like a big family. The management cares about you as an employee and an individual. When I first started I never thought this would be a career but Empereon offers room for advancement and training. They give you all the tools to be successful! I'm learning a lot as I work my way up the ladder! With my full benefits, company funded life insurance and 401k I'm sure I'll retire here. The job is fun, there's contests and prizes plus you can make commission so you write your own check.

Cons

It's a phone job so calls can be repetitious if you're not used to that. You get out what you put in!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

7. "Not a good company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Empereon Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

There no good pros. They have nice people.

Cons

From the day I interviewed. I was lied to. They told me that it would be easy job. Call people to see if they wanted free tv. They told me that I would be paid $9.75 + Commission. So I went to the first day of training. Found out that the was wrong. That I would only make $7.50 hr. The job wasn't right either. I had to sign up people for tv. I don't like doing hard sales. The trainer wasn't even ready to trained cause he doesn't even train for the job I was trying to get. He should have never been a trainer in the first place. I only worked there one day and never got paid. Then I got a flipping w2. They can't keep people there.

Advice to Management

If you are going to a mass hiring make sure you have enough staff to get things done. Also if you are not going to pay someone then you shouldn't send them a w2.

8. "Horrible Senior Leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alvin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alvin, TX

I worked at Empereon Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

The company seems to care about its people. Advancement opportunities are plentiful partly because of high turnover. Compassionate supervisors and some operations managers.

Cons

Senior management within this center lack the ability to run a business. Because this is a fairly new location advancement opportunities are easy to come by but with inexperienced supervisors sometimes things do not work out they way it should. Rather than train supervisors to handle a task they are punished because it was not completed correctly. Favoritism is running ramped at this location, positions are never posted, so employees can apply it is just handed to the director's favorites. Bonuses are alway inaccurate and never get fixed. Supervisors are over worked and their pay is messed up more times than not.

Advice to Management

Corporate leadership should reevaluate their directors for this location. They will run this location into the ground. I believe this could be a good place for a career but not currently.

9. "Collection"

Former Employee - Lead Collector in Avondale, AZ
    Former Employee - Lead Collector in Avondale, AZ

I worked at Empereon Marketing (More than a year)

Pros

Not a lot of good.

Cons

Rattled with negativity and only care about money. People waste away from stress among other things and management is very aware, does nothibg.

Advice to Management

Do not turn a blind eye, you are responsible for these employees

10. "sales"

Current Employee - Telesales in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Telesales in Aurora, CO

Pros

The shift time is perfect. You get knowledge for good performance all the time

Cons

Woman's bathroom always nasty, drugs, poor pay,short lunches.get Ritten up for stupid stuff always loud can't hear on phones.no parking

Advice to Management

Pay more $$ an maybe people will take there jobs serious. Take away the attendance bounce an start pay at $10 making $8.31hr is a joke for what yall require. Give more prizes like gas cards,happy hour the last hour of work give stuff away like subways cards,pizza,wendys,ectopic be like a regular call center

11. "Sales rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Empereon Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for this company for a long time and I really appreciate the friendly atmosphere makes for a fun work experience. When everyone isn't dating it can be really fun.

Cons

I just left because the dreams I was sold are impossible to reach. The payout of bonuses needs to be figured out. It seems like no one communicates or knows what's going on. Zero room to grow. They will hire in people above you that aren't even qualified for the position. It's discouraging to see family and friends put into positions they haven't earned or know anything about. Basically if your the son of or married to a member of management you are handed higher positions. Also, a lot of people are dating on the sales floor, which causes endless problems. This just isn't a place you can punch in do a good job and punch out. If you aren't a loud mouth you are easily over looked.

Advice to Management

Take the time to see who the real stars are. It's not always the loud mouth. Stop dating each other or agents. Stop hiring in your family when they haven't earned the right to be where you put them. Appreciate the little people after all we were the ones making you all the money.