Empire Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

Russ Marquat

1. "Good enviroment"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Springfield, MO

Pros

Good team. Managers are team players, employees are team players, it is a healthy work environment.

Cons

Pay can be an issue unless you are an executive. This can be said for most bank work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and having a great work environment. Incise employee with bonus opportunities.

2. "Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Teller in Nixa, MO
    Former Employee - Teller in Nixa, MO

I worked at Empire Bank part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good teller pay and awards for achieving sales goals. The culture is very friendly with everyone willing to help out and assist you throughout the day. It was such a pleasant place to work without the stress of drama.

Cons

No cons. Great place to work! If anything I wish I could have stayed there longer. I wish they had a position open in St. Louis as I have relocated and searching for a job.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! This is a great place whether you are starting your career, ending your career, or just looking to make ends meet! Keep rewarding those who work hard!

3. "Empire Bank Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Empire Bank full-time

Pros

The hours are good and you get paid holidays. I was lucky enough to work with some great people and meet some wonderful customers.

Cons

There is a lot of politics that go on at Empire Bank. You're just a number at this bank and they make sure you are aware of that. They don't practice teamwork. It's every man for themselves.

Advice to Management

My advice for this bank would be to send your management to some kind of management training where they can be trained properly. My last manager and assistant manager had poor communication. Due to the lack of communication I would be reprimanded for things I either didn't do or was informed improperly to do only to be later reprimanded by the other. Teamwork is very important and needs to be established in the company.

5. "Although I loved my actual job and customers, there was no team environment, making it difficult and stressful at times."

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Springfield, MO

Pros

The customers are extremely friendly. Overall the job is easy.

Cons

There was no "team" environment. I was responsible for the tasks that the lead teller should have been in charge of, such as balancing the vault totals and cashier's checks. There was no recognition whatsoever for hard work and excellent customer service.

Advice to Management

Make sure that you recognize those employees who truly go above and beyond for their customers and the company.

6. "Great local bank"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Pros

Retail management is in tune to the challenges and opportunities of the front-line staff. Therefore, sales goals are typically reasonable and easy to achieve. Sales incentive can be lucrative for this type of position for motivated individuals.

Cons

Management is quick to think idealistic as opposed to realistic. Promotions are often given based on politics as opposed to who possesses the better skill set and/or education.

7. "Very satisfied, excellent part-time job while in school"

Former Employee - Teller in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Teller in Springfield, MO

Pros

Empire Bank treats all it's employees with dignity and respect and provides them with continual feedback on job performance. The opportunities for advancement within the company are numerous and Empire Bank will promote an internal employee before hiring and outside applicant. A sales culture exists and is spreading throughout all levels of the bank. Nearly every employee receives the same training on customer service and etiquette, from maintenance to senior management.

Cons

The sales culture has yet to become completely fluid in its operation. I experienced many problems with the referral rewards system and often lost bonuses because of it. Some senior management, namely HR, wasn't as effective and professional as other leaders.

Advice to Management

Continue fine-tuning iSTEP and spread it through all levels of the bank. Rethink some of the "old" ways of doing business (ex: praying before a meal is not acceptable).

8. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - IT Support
    Current Employee - IT Support

Pros

People coworkers are very nice. The customers are really friendly and the location is nice. The holidays are a bonus as well. The leave time is wonderful they are very grenerous if you need to time off for family reasons. They truely care about the employees if they have health issues. If you are an older person like I am this is especially important if you have health concerns yourself or if you have a family member that is older and ill. Overall this is a very good place to work and I would recommend it to others and have.

Cons

The long hours, the pay isnt the greatest.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees, listen to customers wants and needs. Give more feedback, make more of an effort to see employees on a one on one basis.