Empire Chicago, Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Mark Chern

"Team Environment"

I have been working at Empire Chicago, Inc

Pros

The information and education I've received from Mark and his team have been invaluable. I've really grown both professionally and personally. The job definitely isn't for everyone, but for those who are wanting to invest in their future now, then it's worth it. I'm glad I found a career I actually feel excited about!

Cons

Long hours, but worth it. I'd rather work hard now so I can enjoy my future later.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your employees. I love the responsibility!

Empire Chicago, Inc2015-10-05

December 8, 2015President

Thanks for the kind words. We work hard to develop our employees, recognizing they enjoy learning new skills, and they benefit us by helping our company grow!

"Management trainee"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Lombard, IL

I worked at Empire Chicago, Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing. It's called a consulting firm, but actually a sales agency. Well, there's no employee there......It's only called an agency

Cons

It's a scam! Stay away from it! No employees in this agency. It's actually door to door sales and no pay at all! They cheat you to work for them with no pay! And you have to sign some unfair agreements. It's a hell. Never go to Empire.

Advice to Management

Be honest.

Empire Chicago, Inc2016-08-24

"A company that scams and lures young graduates."

Former Employee - Sales in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Empire Chicago, Inc

Pros

There is nothing great about this compay.

Cons

This company needs to be shut down for their recruitment practices. They will lie to you and say this is a face to face sales job, but they do not tell you that his is a door to door sales position. This means that they will drop you off in a random city and force you to walk miles going door to door middle of the day to sell green energy. This is a strictly commission-based job and you do not get any reimbursement for...

Advice to Management

Stop the lies. Be honest about the job. How can you guys live with yourself? You have no shame and no honor.

Empire Chicago, Inc2016-06-30
  4. "Gained experience"

I worked at Empire Chicago, Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

I think Empire was such a tremendous help to where I am now. I learned how to interview - I've never interviewed people. I learned how to train - I've trained people but never felt the recognition Empire gave me. I learned how to develop MYSELF and maintain MY attitude. Lastly, I learned SALES it's not as scary as people think.... and what I learned is that I could carry the sales in ANYTHING whether it's in my field...

Cons

downsides.... well there were days I didn't want to work as hard

Advice to Management

Thank you. Throw some challenges!!!

Empire Chicago, Inc2015-10-02

December 8, 2015President

Thanks, we listened to your advice and implemented an Office Competition this month for Bulls and Blackhawks tickets! The team is excited and performing well!

5. "Great experience"

I worked at Empire Chicago, Inc

Pros

The people, management, and everyday is different. It's not your typical "do the same thing everyday thing." Fun environment while a professional edge

Cons

I had to actually perform to grow in the company. It's no seniority and my growth was a reflection of me

Advice to Management

More travel opportunities. I wanted to go to Cancun too!!

Empire Chicago, Inc2015-10-01

December 8, 2015President

Thanks, we brought all of Management to Cancun, and will bring others that earn the trip as well!

"Sales"

I have been working at Empire Chicago, Inc

Pros

Everyone is really fun and helpful. It is nice to have the ability to work with people who care about your success and work hard to help you achieve your goals. I am grateful to have the opportunity I do.

Cons

It is really hard work, some might think that's a con. I really like a challenge though so I think that as long as the outcome is worth the effort then it is okay.

Advice to Management

You should bring in breakfast everyday! Haha j/k, I think that things run smooth and I know my work is appreciated. I would say I'm pretty happy. I had a bad experience in the last b/c of poor leadership, I know what it feels like. I don't have that issue here.

Empire Chicago, Inc2015-06-23

December 8, 2015President

Good advice about breakfast! We put in maximum effort daily!

"Challenging job, but grew a lot"

I have been working at Empire Chicago, Inc full-time

Pros

"You don't grow when inside your comfort zone." This career path definitely required me to commit to tasks outside my comfort zone; self-improvement is no easy task, but the lessons learned made it worth it.

Cons

The hours are long, and you really have to show full-time commitment to a full-time career growth if you're going to get something worthwhile out of it. The career path opportunity is better than the starting entry-level role, so you will want to not be stagnant, but definitely work harder to progress.

Advice to Management

Overall, everything was good, but to improve, I would suggest to Management: allow different hours for different employees, some people definitely don't want to work as hard, however those people wouldn't want to work here, this place is for the people that want to achieve more, but are willing to put in more.

Empire Chicago, Inc2015-04-14

December 8, 2015President

Thanks for the feedback. We just changed our hours a bit to help employees!

"D2D Sales"

I worked at Empire Chicago, Inc full-time

Pros

Good place for sales focused careers

Cons

Deceptive hiring practices 100% commissions very little (read: no) compensation

Advice to Management

Be straightforward upfront and clear about what the job is and what it entails and stop hiring anybody that comes through the door with a pulse

Empire Chicago, Inc2015-04-24

"Customer Service/Sales"

I worked at Empire Chicago, Inc

Pros

There are no Pro's. The company lied from the beginning.

Cons

I don't know about anyone else, but I hate being lied to. I was told in the phone interview that this was not a Commission job. That Empire hates the fact that there are so many marketing companies out there that claim to be Salary and Commission, but are really 100% Commission. As it turned out, Empire is no different. I work hard and generally I am a loyal employee but I refuse to go to 'work' for a company that...

Advice to Management

Don't lie. Tell the truth and let the candidate decide whether they are willing to invest their time and energy in your firm. If you lie before I walk thru the door, the rest is just down hill.

Empire Chicago, Inc2015-05-04

"If you're a go getter, there is no better place to work."

I have been working at Empire Chicago, Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work environment is incredible. I'm surrounded by people who are highly motivating and supportive. There is an opportunity for unlimited growth both personally and professionally.

Cons

The environment is not suitable for the half-hearted or lazy. You have to be highly motivated and highly ambitious if you wish to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the energy

Empire Chicago, Inc2015-03-06