KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Empire Education Group Reviews

Updated Sep 16, 2022

Found 234 of over 239 reviews

3.2
Empire Education Group Chairman and CEO 	Franklin K. Schoeneman (no image)
Franklin K. Schoeneman

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,930

973 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Some coworkers were friendly, not much else as far as pros go(in 10 reviews)
  • "Pay is good.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Met some awesome people while at empire.(in 9 reviews)
  • "workers are the best part, being able to control how your job is done, and tools available are nice.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Great training.(in 5 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Empire Education Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

love Empire

Aug 6, 2022 - Call Center Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

love the company and what it stands for the people I work with

Cons

no raise in over 8 yrs

2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Not the best

Sep 8, 2022 - Customer Service
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed my coworkers

Cons

The hours were absolutely horrible for working moms and non negotiable. The environment was extremely closed in and cave like with no natural light.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Hard to move up

Sep 16, 2022 - Educator in Morrow, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You always get paid on time

Cons

Hard to get a raise, hard to move up in the company

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Tethered to a desk

Aug 26, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Pottsville, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits available after 90 days

Cons

Tethered to a desk from start to finish of day. Every second is literally accounted for. Restroom breaks are timed. I had to laugh at their de-escalation training because everything suggested in their training is opposite of how the supervisors act.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

I write HONEST reviews

Aug 17, 2022 - Career Planning Specialist AKA Admissions Representative in Greensboro, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pros 1. The students were GREAT, there was a lot of great talent, I was able to build so many relationships , I was able to connect with a lot of them and created a safe space for them to AT THE VERY LEAST feel heard AND understood, because it was obvious that no one else wanted to create that space for them. 2. It’s a really great job for someone who is looking to get started in trade school level admissions, while I had already came with federal student aid AND high education admissions experience i was not looking to “get my feet wet”, as i had already done so. I was looking to serve (not work) at a school where the staff were friendly, worked TOGETHER to build one another up and support one another and work for a company that would present growth opportunities, I soon realized after maybe 2-3 months of employment Empire Greensboro was NOT the place for that.

Cons

Now as far as the cons are concerned I could really write a book but ill leave a few here. As stated above this review is honest and I am only here to say the things other people won't. 1. The Director was more of A friend to certain Educators than she was a director it was very evident. STUDENTS WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT THE EDUCATOR AND SHE WOULD DO NOTHNG TO RECTIFY ISSUES because they were so familiar with one another. 2. Being the youngest staff member the students gravitated to me a lot more than the educators who have been in their careers for YEARS, but I couldn't help that. I literally Came to work everyday, did my job, treated everyone with love and respect and went home, why i wasn't liked? who knows! It never bothered me i just knew i had to work twice as hard to find something else. They had issues with the fact that the students found safety in me being there, they felt like they had AT LEAST ONE staff member that genuinely cared about their education and them as a human being also. I was talked about and had to find out about it through the students and other co-workers. The Educators had to be some of the most unpleasant AND unprofessional individuals I've ever had to work with accept for maybe three of them. Educators discussed student personal business with other student, discussed it amongst themselves, they just exhibited qualities that ladies well into their 50's just shouldn't at that age. I've never met older ladies who wanted to be seen as "petty or shady" but maybe "burn-out" will do that to you. My job was to sale the school in a positive manner and it was hard to do so when the students experienced something completely different from the atmosphere described to them but again i was just doing my job AND MAKING MYSELF OUT TO BE A LIAR at the same time while I still had to listen to the complaints of the students (because they felt comfortable enough to come and talk me) each day about the POOR in class experience as well as the poor on the floor experience for the advanced and enrichment students, and there was nothing that I could so about it as it was the directors job and she did nothing...Being a education professional I always had the "Student first" mind-set and I can HONESTLY say that many of my co-workers did not have the same. Id also like to touch on the experiences that I had to watch the current customer service coordinator go through who is also a licensed cosmetologist, she was and is not treated with respect, she was and is looked down on, she was even sided for her interaction with me during my time there, my only hope is that she finds a role with a company that will value her, respect her time and talents but also make her feel valued as an employee because she has a lot of great skills, and abilities. All in all if i had to rate my experience on a scale of 1 to 10, i'd say it was a 5, the best thing about going to work at the campus was the students, id do it all over again if it meant impacting their lives.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ok job

Aug 1, 2022 - Executive Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

students, students, students... good education department, great training, nice people.

Cons

No 401k matching, no raises, no chance for growth, no people of color in upper management, only at the campus level. Terrible insurance, instructors are cosmetologist, turned "educators" who do not know how to work in a structured environment and can't teach.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Licensed educator

Jul 10, 2022 - Educator in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lesson planning Prep Student kits Team teaching Teacher training

Cons

Large classroom sizes. Short breaks No access to tools and products for large class sizes

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Working for the company

Jun 29, 2022 - Educator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for Their education department is wonderful always there to help you

Cons

Their education department is wonderful always there to help you

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Complete lack of leadership, Directors do not support their educators

Jul 26, 2022 - Educator
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have some talented coworkers, and there are some students that are actually here to learn how to do hair.

Cons

The entire organization lacks leadership and management. When the campus directors are not capable of leading and managing their teams, there is a huge organizational problem. The most common option seems to be for directors to “pass the buck“, and take responsibility for nothing. When leaders take no responsibility, and don’t support their teams, it is a total breakdown in leadership. That’s exactly what you will find here. The entire company lacks structure around all things policy and procedure.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Save your time and your mental health

Jul 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sometimes the students are nice

Cons

Toxic environment from the bottom to the top. Enroll anyone, don’t care about the students success unless it comes to lying to keep accreditation, don’t care about the staff.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 234 Reviews

Empire Education Group Reviews FAQs

Empire Education Group has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 239 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Empire Education Group to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -20% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Empire Education Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Empire Education Group. This rating has improved by 21% over the last 12 months.

61% of Empire Education Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Empire Education Group 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.6 for culture and values and 2.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Empire Education Group to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Empire Education Group Job Seekers