Empire Today Reviews

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Empire Today CEO Keith Weinberger
Keith Weinberger

Pros
  • Focus on customer service is paramount but it starts with happy employees (in 12 reviews)

• Job security in my current department, casual work environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible sales reps, high turnover rate (in 15 reviews)

• No benefits or expense reimbursement (in 13 reviews)

1. "Overall"

Pros

Great and growing company that is continuously looking for ways to improve. They have restructured and have a great agenda for the next year and beyond.

Cons

Training is somewhat minimal and requires a ton of hands on and on the job training. This is beneficial to most but can make things difficult when searching for quick answers.

Advice to Management

Keep rocking new ideas!

2. "warehoues worker"

I have been working at Empire Today full-time

Pros

nothing good about this compand

Cons

don't care about employee's,just the money.

"Product Estimator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Park Forest, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Park Forest, IL

I worked at Empire Today (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tight knit community, they are making advances as far as the overall atmosphere such as adding more employee services (ie game room, massage chairs, etc)

Cons

Ancient tech, inefficient work model, terrible accountability, micro managing, some departments are treated better than others, one of the better managers was let go last year.

Advice to Management

Get with the times. It is unacceptable for a company that large to still be relying on tech that should have been phased out in the 90s.

5. "Accounting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northlake, IL

I worked at Empire Today full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you work hard, are flexible, and not afraid to be introduced to different roles this is a great Company. Often times, you are helping other departments which essentially makes you an asset and adds diversity to your skillset.

Cons

Unfortunately, because they have been around awhile you will have people unable to effectively perform their duties. Additionally, because of affiliations measures aren't always taken seriously - until it's almost too late. All departments are not made the same, but trying to transition can be quite cumbersome because of the personal slander.

Advice to Management

Please employ more people who are energetic & envision what the Company should be, not people who have no real background in designated areas.

6. "Worst place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northlake, IL

Pros

none at all. do not work here.

Cons

Horrible experience at Empire. Management can't seem to get it together. They withhold A LOT from their employees and it creates an untrustworthy relationship. They are very demanding with their turn-around times and do not provide any reward for it. As an employee you have no voice in the projects that you work on. Any idea or concept you bring up is always crushed and later turned into whatever management wanted in the first place. There is really no point in being there. I've had other fellow coworkers express the same feelings about this place. People just start leaving because of the horrible environment, myself included. There must have been an increase in bad reviews while I was there because a group of us were asked by HR to please write a good review about them....the problem was I couldn't so I never did. I was however able to write into this "cons" section.

Advice to Management

If you don't listen to your employees you are going to lose them.

"Empires pros and cons"

Pros

This company will afford the average sales professional the opportunity to make a very decent living.

Cons

The biggest drawback for me was having to use my own car. The carpet samples took up every ounce of space and I put 5,000 miles on my car in 4 months.

Advice to Management

Change the percentage on the overall sale to compensate for excessive vehicle use.

8. "Crappy dead end job where company does not care about you at all"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Empire Today full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work when you want, take off when you want, create your own schedule, thats the only pro i can honesty think of...

Cons

Terrible pay No benefits Empire could care less about their employees Use your own car & filled to the brim with samples No gas re-imbursement BOGUS leads, no point of driving to customers home

Advice to Management

Pay people what their worth and the effort they provide you. Gas reimbursement?? 401k?? Medical?? Obviously we need benefits or your just going to keep getting bottom of the barrel employees. Also you guys create the worst leads ive ever seen, you dont realize how terrible it is to drive 60 miles (one way) to a customers house to find out its a fake address or wrong info or customer is not home (happens all the time). And if you dont do anything to fix this problem at least let us call the customer, we run enough leads...

"Not even a good starting co."

Current Employee - Accounting Associate
    Current Employee - Accounting Associate

Pros

The only good reason to work there is that it is a job that will pay you

Cons

Horrible pay, bottom of the barrel co workers and management. It's basically the place to go if you can't get any other job.

Advice to Management

Restructure the whole company, start payin living wages and maybe you will get more quality employees

"GOOD PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

I have been working at Empire Today full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Work-Home Balance is priceless especially if you have younger children. The atmosphere is relaxed. There is potential for growth.

Cons

The medical insurance is a little more expensive than I would prefer

11. "not even..."

I have been working at Empire Today full-time

Pros

lots of appointmnts name well known

Cons

tiny commission mega driving no, i mean no bene

RSS Feed </> Embed