Empire Today Reviews | Glassdoor

Empire Today Reviews

Updated June 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Personal/Work life balance; company perks, working with some of the best reps ever (in 8 reviews)

• six figure job, control your own schedule, get to focus on selling because customer service handles any issues and doesn't involve the salesperson (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits and averaging far below mimimum wage pay (in 19 reviews)

• The company does not care about the sales reps (in 18 reviews)

1. "CCS"

Former Employee - CCR in Houston, AK
    Former Employee - CCR in Houston, AK

Pros

Relaxed Environment and potential growth available

Cons

Not somewhere you want to be if you are an artist.

"Unorganized"

Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Everyone is friendly and there is room for growth. Commission can be good

Cons

Low salary. Completely unprepared for large commercial jobs. Training is a complete joke.

Advice to Management

Hire a trainer and have your markets ready for success when hiring new people

3. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northlake, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northlake, IL

I have been working at Empire Today (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to make a difference.

Cons

Can continue to improve resources.

"Decent place but needs some help"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Northlake, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Northlake, IL

I have been working at Empire Today full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Work/life balance is the best of any job I've ever had--this place is not a sweatshop where you are expected to stay late every night.
    -The vast majority of the people here are super nice. I've encountered no rude or disrespectful people since I started work here.
    -You learn a lot. Management is really great about having an open-door policy so that you can go to them with any questions or concerns, and they're willing to help you do your job well.

Cons

-Facilities-specifically the parking lot. You've outgrown your facility at this point and there are way too many incidents of installers hitting people's cars or nearly hitting employees while they drive in and out of the lot. Razor blades and trash are littered all over the lot, and in the morning installers park like jerks or put furniture in spots to keep them open. Women also get cat-called by installers if they walk in and out of the building by themselves. This is unacceptable and unsafe. It needs to be addressed.
    -Processes are broken. It takes a really long time to get anything done, and upper management consistently pushes out projects in favor of other, more urgent things, then wonders why progress hasn't been made in certain channels. You need to give resources to certain initiatives if they are truly a priority for your company. You can't just keep pushing things off and expect associates working on those items to deliver results.
    -Some managers have a real issue relinquishing control and trusting associates to do their jobs. This inhibits professional growth by associates. You need to let people grow in their roles more and allow people to do their jobs.

Advice to Management

Do something about that parking lot-it's not safe for employees. Encourage management to delegate more and let their team grow in their roles. Push departments to move initiatives along so that the company can meet their goals.

"Sales Support Overland Park KS"

Current Employee - Independent Sales Contractor in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Independent Sales Contractor in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Empire Today full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open Order Schedule
    Commissions and Spiffs Associated with
    Flexible with Windshield Time and Scheduled Appointments
    Training and Management Support

Cons

Customer commitments
    Installation Schedule
    Mandatory Manage Assisted Calls and Sales Resolution Codes

Advice to Management

Add flexibility to allow Contractors the ability to come back "rehash" quotes without the risk of the Company calling customer to close if price was nottfy an issue. Maybe a 2-3 window to allow for competition quotes then contractor follow-up. Also allow attendance at weekly sales meeting through conference call or Skype

6. "Admin"

Current Employee - Administrative in Northlake, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative in Northlake, IL

I have been working at Empire Today full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very inclusive, very open to new ideas. The Senior Leadership team is outstanding and truly has an open door policy. No issue is too small, no person too far down the pecking order. I'm very happy that I joined this company! I've already recommended job opportunities to two former colleagues and I keep spreading the word. The benefits are outstanding and the perks have something for everyone.

Cons

I don't have any really, except for the negative comments I sometimes hear when people find out where I work. I think the negative opinions about Empire were due to the previous management. All I can do is urge people to give Empire another try - we're working on every aspect of our service and our CEO is dedicated to making Empire Today the best company in the world!

Advice to Management

Keep on with what you're doing! I've yet to encounter another employee that has anything negative to say about our company and I appreciate working here!

7. "General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Empire Today full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is on the way up and the senior leadership give just the right amount of pressure as to not make you feel insecure.

Cons

The turn around time for IT can make things difficult but, again, the support and understanding of leadership makes it worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It is fantastic to be part of something so great!!!!!

"Revolving Door"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Pros

None Really, I knew it was a mistake after four or five weeks

Cons

Micro Management by unqualified managers. Heard more four letter words in less than a year than I had in 20 past years with other employers.

9. "Branch finance manager"

Former Employee - Branch Finance Manager in Cinnaminson, NJ
    Former Employee - Branch Finance Manager in Cinnaminson, NJ

I worked at Empire Today (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best company I have worked for. I sold home improvements and after install support by customer service was the best I have seen. AAA with BOB. Everyting management said they would do was done. They treat their employees well.

Cons

A lot of travel, but to be b expected with outside sales.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the opportunity to work found you.

"Sales reps not valued by company"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Empire Today (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is solid financially, so no worries about closing.

Cons

Sales Reps were treated like cattle; no salary, lots of meetings and training to attend (at their own cost) and as soon as their numbers drop, fired. Impossible to help with additional training as upper mgt looks at a spread sheet and tells you over the phone who to fire.

Advice to Management

You don't pay salaries, you don't offer benefits; if it takes some extra time or training to get reps up to speed, then invest in them. You might be surprised at the results when you don't only have newbies in the field.