Empirica Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Etienne Roux

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Worst company I have ever seen."

Former Employee - Unit Manager/Mudlogger in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Unit Manager/Mudlogger in Houston, TX

I worked at Empirica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing is they have a lot of work. They will give anyone a shot to try to work. You can take off when you need or want to.

Cons

Everything. They kept sending me green night hands that have never seen a rig. I worked several overtime hours training these people with no extra incentives, and I had to eat those hours, they wouldn't pay them. The pay scale is ridiculous, if you tell them you make this much at McDonalds, they'll pay it regardless of experience. The experience guys that just changed companies are getting paid much less. Extremely micro managed. Overall worst experience I have ever had. I worked for them for 6 months. I have been a mudlogger for 10 years.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the morons. Pay the good guys, lose the trash. Get ready, 10 more decent guys are leaving soon.

"Unprofessional workplace"

I worked at Empirica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A few good people employed with them - not many

Cons

Most of the employees working in the office are unprofessional and down right rude. Don't even get me started on the guys in operations.

Advice to Management

Office personnel should act more professionally, treat each other including the mud loggers with a little bit of respect. Maybe you wouldn't have such a high turnover rate. Some of them may benefit from completing a course in basic business ethics.

"This company is a joke."

Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

If you have no oil field experience this company will hire you.

Cons

The pay is ridiculous. The manager said I would be making 40K my first year. What he didn't mention is that 40K number includes mileage and per diem. When it came down to it I was making a little over 20k a year at a rate of 8.50 an hour.

Advice to Management

Good luck... you'll need it.

"NO STARS SHOULD BE AN OPTION"

I worked at Empirica full-time

Pros

*Benefits -except no vacation pay unless you work in the office. because office personnel is worth more than the people in the field getting dirty
    * If new to the company you will have your own rig to follow or if your a female with high management friends

Cons

* Treat the people who makes management their money like the dirt we look at
    * Favoritism
    * No VACATIONS unless you work in the office
    * Multiple Family Members in higher areas of Management without field experience tell experienced field people how they should do their job not know what it entails them self
    * If you make Supervisors mad they will leave you to sit at home until you quit before firing you
    * Backstabbers, Liars
    * Edmond and Burns Flat office poorly managed
    * unsafe practices
    * I could keep going but if you think this is complete BS posted come to work here yourself bring plenty of Aspirin for all the headaches you will endure.

Advice to Management

This Advice is for the Australian Management. You have lost a lot of good hardworking, experienced,dedicated people do to the actions of these 2 offices alone as well as clients and potential clients, moral is the lowest it has ever been and if something does not change whenever you go to sell it you will lose money on the deal. I would recommend to clean house in the edmond and burns flat management.

"Last resort for entry level experience"

I worked at Empirica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A better than average benefit package.

Cons

- you will only get lip service from management.

- inconsistent work

- pay is a joke

- favoritism runs rampant throughout.

- don't expect any quality support while in the field.

Advice to Management

Treat the people in the field making the money for all the do nothing office employees with respect. There is a reason the company has zero growth.

"Downhill Fast!"

Pros

none.It was great till the Dawson's got involved

Cons

Are you kidding me.Where do I start?

Advice to Management

Do the company a favor and resign!

"Was OK but"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, TX

Pros

good benefits
    old management
    old work environment

Cons

management changes
    new management promises
    new work environment

"Bottom of the barrel!"

I have been working at Empirica full-time

Pros

TOO MUCH STRESS. ONLY A PLACE TO GET A QUICK PAYCHECK!

Cons

The parent company (ALS) bought Empirica at the height of the market and now they are dealing with a down turn in the industry. Problem is ALS is COMPLETELY NEW to the upstream oil and gas industry. They think the hub of the drilling industry resides in Australia and they are trying to run the business like they do in open pit mines in Australia (different business model). Frankly, I'd stay away from ALS Empirica (and ALS). Everything here is short term, don't be fooled, this is not a place for a career; hired today laid off tomorrow, hire and fire, hire and fire.

This is just a place to collect a quick paycheck, nothing more! There is ZERO investment in equipment or personnel. Never think this is a career, even in the best of times, everything is short term.
    There is little training given to field personnel and at times they'll put you in dangerous situations in the field.
    And if there is a down turn in the economy, their first thought is ALWAYS to CUT CUT CUT critical staff and put the remaining duties onto the remaining critical staff. Currently I'm doing the work of 3 other staff that have been cut. And if I don't do 100% of the work of the previously cut staff, I'll be next. With the work load going to other staff. I'll soon be laid off as well.

"They get 1 star because 0 is not an option."

Pros

They usually pay on time and the benefits are halfway descent.

Cons

Office staff is out of touch.

Inconsistent work.

The recruiting process needs much improvement. They wold hire anybody off the streets.

No promotions or even raises for quality loggers.

Management was no where to be found when needed.

Several times they claim to have made a mistake on payday. Either way the checks where late. Ties in with an overabundance of office staff, losing work left and right and over all says a lot about how much you are not valued.

Advice to Management

If y'all make it through the downturn I would suggest you make smarter desicions on hiring. But moreover, take care if those that are making the money for the worthless office staff that clock out and go home everyday.

10. "I'm not sure how it is now."

Former Employee - Mudlogger
    Former Employee - Mudlogger

I worked at Empirica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycheck, invaluable work experience, idk

Cons

Dishonesty encouraged. Candy and cheap movies distributed as bribes? encouragement?
    Proprietary inferior products pushed rather than what worked

Advice to Management

Hopefully they've changed