Empirical Systems Aerospace San Luis Obispo Reviews

Updated Dec 1, 2020

4.5
  1. "Wonderful place to work"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - I Prefer Not to Say in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at Empirical Systems Aerospace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exciting projects, fun people and hard work

Cons

None that I can think of at this time

Continue reading
  2. "ESAero: A Reliable & Impressive Company"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at Empirical Systems Aerospace full-time

Pros

Besides the great Senior Leadership team and employees you get some sweet perks! Standard Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision, 401k, PTO, Casual dress code, free snacks, (BBQ for lunch on special occasions), holiday parties & a dog friendly office! We're friendly, fun, and you really feel cared for here which is so great. It's important to feel appreciated by your employer and being part of an awesome team.

Cons

This is a fast paced environment, you have to ready to come into company who is growing by the day. If you are coming to work full time, getting used to a 9-5 is a must!

3. "Great Company"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Business Development in San Luis Obispo, CA

Pros

Though I am still somewhat new, I have been really happy with my experience here at ES Aero. Everyone has been so kind and helpful. They are growing very quickly and there is a ton of opportunity growth, personally and professionally. The board have been open to new ideas and they are very encouraging and supportive to everyone.

Cons

I don't have any Cons so far.

"Mediocre Processes"

Former Employee - Engineer in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at Empirical Systems Aerospace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great support for active projects, fast paced and involved. Feels like a real Californian/modern company with the refreshments and atmosphere. Shout out to the carbon fiber cowboys dealing with near impossible drawings!

Cons

Project managers are not experienced managers; rather engineers who are juggling too many meetings and actually performing work (which doesn't balance well for the quality of work and loses grip on checking work for their project). ES Aero is in no way poised to produce quality vehicles, missing proper process found at more mature companies. I always got told "we'd love to improve process and documentation" but was never explicitly given the bandwidth. Instead, great emphasis is placed on physical efforts over maintaining/expanding quality or documentation. The AS9100 cert is hanging by a thread/single employee (=insufficient oversight on work produced).

Empirical Systems Aerospace Response

August 18, 2020Executive Coordinator

This review was written by a former employee on the day they were terminated for poor performance, with an obvious unfortunate impact on their overall view. Regardless, we remain confident in our company’s reputation and performance, accompanied with our continuous success and expertise, we are entirely “poised to produce quality vehicles”. We are sincerely committed to not only making our company a recognized and respected business in the industry, but also making it an appealing and rewarding place to work. As a company currently experiencing exponential growth, matters are bound to arise. We are doing our utmost to handle these as they occur, and feel we have an open and engaging culture which allows our staff to highlight and help develop solutions to any concerns they might have. This individual chose not to become a part of that culture. We are continuously committed to bringing in top-quality personnel and implementing processes and procedures which will assist and improve everyday operations. We appreciate the opportunity to address this issue and show our commitment toward improving our company values and culture. Lastly, we’ve never had a “drone fall out of the sky."

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.