Employee Matters Reviews

Updated Oct 7, 2021

Found 12 of over 12 reviews

4.7
Employee Matters Founder Natasha Hawker (no image)
Natasha Hawker

130 Comments

Consulting

342.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Employee Matters~2254876
Join the conversation on
  1. 4.0
    Current Contractor

Awesome flexibility and clients!

Oct 5, 2021 - Recruitment Expert in Point Lonsdale
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management is inclusive and empowering, team is helpful with extensive knowledge, we are a remote workforce that was put into place when the company formed 10 years ago so way before Covid) - EM is an employer ahead of it'. We are provided with great technology and shared resources and there's always someone you can get help from if needed. Even though we all work from home, the team culture is just as close as it would be in an office. We also get together quarterly for team days which is always fun and insightful - EM are an open book and want to achieve great heights together!

Cons

Working by the hour means you don't get commission on recruitment placements but Employee Matters are not your typical recruitment agency and for the better.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Highly professional & supportive organisation

Oct 7, 2021 - Recruitment Expert in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging and varied work, work from home with huge flexibility. Likeminded, highly professional, colleagues. Inspiring Founder.

Cons

Not as much opportunity to meet with colleagues in person as it would be nice to, but that is the nature of remote working and it is not always possible to get both

3. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 8 years

Flexible and supportive team

Jul 7, 2021 - Recruitment Expert in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexibility, commitment to excellence, strong and caring leadership, close and supportive team, well developed remote working arrangements

Cons

None I can think of

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Working at Employee Matters

Jun 15, 2021 - Human Resources Consultant in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive culture, very flexible work hours.

Cons

None that I can think of.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Flexible Working at its Finest

Jun 10, 2020 - Employee Expert in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll immediately feel part of the team, who are all experts that help and guide one another both professionally and personally. You'll receive everything you need to do your role with a way to refer back to it. You'll have the flexibility to take ownership of your working hours and the autonomy to take accountability of your role. You'll be supported by experienced, friendly and appreciative leaders. You'll get the opportunity to work with clients who value your input and are open to your feedback.

Cons

Most of these could also be a pro - You should be prepared to do any form of HR work from administration through to strategy. You may fluctuate in hours worked dependent on the current climate (i.e. you may work longer than the hours you have suggested sometimes and other times you may be working less hours).

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

HR Consulting

Sep 10, 2020 - Employee Expert in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, knowledgeable and supportive team, cohesive team, supportive leaders, wide range of expertise in the team, variety of clients to work with, work from home, good levels of engagement, variety of work both operational and strategic HR.

Cons

Not office based, fully remote so mainly see team members virtually, not competitive pay, can be unpredictable hours, limited professional development opportunities, big focus on sales and generating own clients.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Wonderful company to be a part of!

Jun 17, 2020 - Recruiter in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee Matters offers unrivalled flexibility which enables staff to achieve work/life balance. You get to be a part of a high calibre team who are true experts in their field. Everyone works collaboratively together and the leadership team are very supportive , always encouraging further development.

Cons

The only reason I resigned was due to the impact covid-19 had on work. Otherwise I was very happy at Employee Matters.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

HR Generalist with a variety of industry experience. Experience across the entire employee lifecycle.

Jan 8, 2020 - Employee Expert in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, management team, cohesive team, autonomy, tools and resources, culture, values.

Cons

Compensation and benefits, sometimes work/life balance.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic place to work

Sep 26, 2018 - General Manager in Brisbane
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great small business, with super flexible working and a great culture. Great owners with a really transparent approach to communicating how well the business is doing. The team are great and for a remote team the connection is fantastic.

Cons

No real cons but understand this is not a corporate business with corporate salaries; its a fantastic, flexible small business with small business salaries.

10. 4.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 5 years

Flexible and great place to work

Apr 9, 2019 - Employee Expert in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

The flexibility, I fit my job around my family which is awesome. I can do school drop off/pick up and still service my clients. The management team are totally transparent and take into account everyone's input into key decisions. The remote team are fantastic and we have a great connection.

Cons

Working remotely isn't for everyone, and I sometimes miss being in an office environment, but the flexibility outweighs this. I also recognise that they can't compete with larger organisations in terms of salary.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews