KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Employee Navigator Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2022

Found 41 of over 42 reviews

4.9
Employee Navigator CEO and Co-Founder George K. Reese, III (no image)
George K. Reese, III

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Supportive & Transparent!

Aug 4, 2022 - Senior QA Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, Supportive coworkers, Plenty of opportunities to grow! Management is big on work life balance. They really care about the employees, they listen to and support the employees.

Cons

As of yet, no cons!

Continue reading
  2. 5.0

Big on Work Life Balance

May 23, 2022 - Client Support Manager in Frederick, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Open door policy with staff. You pretty much always have access to member of the executive team if you want. They encourage you to reach out and build those relationships. Most growing companies, as they grow, you lose that reach to the CEO, but ours does try to stay connected with staff of all levels. - They really hold to that work life balance mentality. We are able to support hybrid schedules and try to be as flexible as possible with employees when they need to step away for something outside the office. - Career Growth. There are paths in place for those that want to continue to grow their career. But we also have options for those that like the position they were hired for, but want to still see that financial growth. Success is based on individual work ethic and merit rather than how long you've been with the company. You get out what you put in.

Cons

- The health benefits could be better. I personally do not have ours, but I've heard we could improve the medical benefits. Caveat to that though is that they did just expand our maternity leave benefit and we have a good match program for 401k.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Incredible place to work and grow

Jun 9, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunity - Engaged and thoughtful employees are provided with opportunities to continually develop their career, skills, and education. Effort is consistently recognized and rewarded. Great work life balance – I have never been asked or required to work overtime or on weekends. I can adjust my work schedule for any life events without anxiety or work interruption. People - Leadership and employees care and support each other. I have had many roles and in no department was I ever put in a situation where I felt lost or helpless

Cons

Challenging for new employees as a unique and changing industry requires new hires to digest a ton of information at the start. But those who do, are rewarded with meaningful work and career growth potential.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Perfect trio of smart staff, wide-open opportunity and solid leadership

May 14, 2022 - Director in Bethesda, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great companies that impact people's lives, outpace their competition and become ubiquitous - to the point where they're just a part of our lives and we didn't even notice it happen - do one thing really, really well: They solve actual problems. The problems that are annoying, frustrating and time-consuming. How Uber transformed the way we get from point A to point B or how PayPal simplified money transfer, well, Employee Navigator is doing that to the insurtech industry. The people you work with are clever & driven. Leadership is experienced, super-aligned on strategy (oh, how sweet it is) and focused on automation. CEO has basically lived and breathed insurance since he was a kid. When every employee in the U.S. has access to Telemedicine, ID Theft & Accident as standard benefits, seriously improving their health and well-being, you'll have these guys (and girls!) to thank for making it possible. Market opportunity is enormous & I believe they are poised to become, if not there already, the thought-leader in this space over the next decade. No Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired office space, no free snacks, swag or ping-pong tables. Ikea furniture permeates the place - and that's the culture & company in a nutshell: It's useful, not flashy. That money is instead put into employee comp and hiring talented people, which is awesome. Those who genuinely work hard are rewarded, and those who think outside-the-box are embraced. You are given the autonomy & trust to do your job well, and expectations are rightfully high. Great PTO and work/life flexibility too.

Cons

Not necessarily a bad thing but if you can't speak up for yourself or take initiative, then you won't enjoy it here. Leadership is laser-focused and if you're not picking up on concepts or strategy, no one is going to routinely sit you down and ask "So does that all make sense? Do you know what to do?". You’re hired & expected to make things happen, which is exciting in its own right. If you're curious, ask questions often and enjoy open debate, then you'll be one happy (and valued) employee.

Continue reading
  5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Phenomenal Company 100% would recommend!!

Aug 6, 2021 - Payroll Integration Analyst in Bethesda, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee Navigator is a company that truly values each and every one of its employees. I began at the company right out of college and was on a team of around 8 other people. Right away I felt like my voice was valued, and I was making an impact alongside career professionals who have been in the industry for decades. Everyone feels at home, for example at any point during the day I was able to walk into the CEO's office just to chat if I felt like it. Everyone at the company is super personable and friendly and also are driven professionals. There is a reason EN has been voted a top workplace in the DC area for the past few years! Not to mention it has basically doubled in size in the two years I worked there. Even if you do not have a background in insurance software, if you are an outgoing and hardworking individual EN is always willing to take a chance on someone and will offer amazing training. Upon my hire I knew nothing about insurance but had a few amazing mentors who helped me learn. Only reason I left the company is because I am moving across the country but if not I could easily of seen myself working there for a long time to come, I would highly recommend EN!

Cons

Honestly the only con I can think of is that at the end of the day insurance software might not be the most interesting thing in the world, it can be a bit dry at times. But as mentioned I think what really makes the company is the people you work with, and it does not get much better than those who I was surrounded by at EN!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work and grow in career

Apr 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid company with great culture and fantastic opportunities to learn and grow. Management really cares about the employees and very transparent in terms of career paths and growth opportunities.

Cons

None I can think of.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

EN is a fantastic place to learn and grow for young professionals

Mar 1, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Bethesda, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The staff is always willing to educate each other - Everyone values other's opinions and everyone is given a chance to contribute in some way - Executives value creating opportunities for employees and want to create a clear career paths

Cons

- The industry of software and insurance can be a bit complicated, therefore the learning curve is a bit steep

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Growing Company With a Positive Work Environment

Feb 25, 2022 - IT Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Opportunities for career growth and to learn something new every day. - Company is growing rapidly. - Colleagues are friendly, collaborative and willing to help. - Management genuinely listens and responds to concerns. - Fantastic work-life balance. - Company culture reflects what is advertised.

Cons

- There is nothing notable to mention.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Unicorn Combo of Growth Potential + Culture

Nov 16, 2021 - Administration in Bethesda, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unique combination of work-life balance, growth and opportunity. Company is the best kept secret in the DMV area w/r/t high flying technology company in the buzz wordy insurtech industry. CEO drives work-life balance culture and high integrity partner for customers. Company has a self-developed training program for all new employees which helps new hires learn lingo and get comfortable with the product.

Cons

May take employees four to six months to get situated due to complexity of the industry, but definitely learnable and worthwhile given the innovation in the industry.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growing company that presents opportunities

Dec 22, 2021 - Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great atmosphere and engagement among coworkers. There is a lot of collaboration among different departments with the goal being to build a better product. - Many opportunities to learn, and in turn grow my skillset.

Cons

As a newer but growing company, we're creating processes for scenarios that come up. This can be something that is not for everyone.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Reviews

Employee Navigator Reviews FAQs

Employee Navigator has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 42 reviews left anonymously by employees. 98% of employees would recommend working at Employee Navigator to a friend and 100% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Employee Navigator employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Employee Navigator. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

98% of Employee Navigator employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Employee Navigator 5.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Employee Navigator to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be management, workplace.

Popular Careers with Employee Navigator Job Seekers