1-800 CONTACTS - A company that rewards the hard-working employee. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS

"A company that rewards the hard-working employee."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT

I worked at 1-800 CONTACTS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can work from home but I don't know that you would want to. The on-site cafeteria and fitness center are pretty great perks. They reward you for doing your job well with generous bonuses and raises ever six months. Management is always there to help you and take your ideas and thoughts into consideration. Great place to work while going to school.

Cons

It's monotonous work at time but there is the ability to move around a bit. I started out on the phones and then, when I thought I might start yelling at people, I was able to switch to online chats and emails. There is also ample opportunity to move out of the call center and into more corporate level positions.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Other Employee Reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS

"Great company to work for. Their vision "We take care of our associates, so they take care of our customers.""

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Onsite cafeteria, film festivals, summer events, parties, recognition, the list goes on! The company is growing with glasses.com which has given more growth opportunity in the last year than we have seen in the 6 years I've been here and it will continue to grow.

Cons

Sometime hours can be long but we undestand the vision and sometimes it's required. They try to make sure we are recognized when major projects are accomplished and we try to have work/life balance whenever time allows.

Advice to Management

I think with the new higher vacation benefits it will be easier to maintain a work/life balance but encouraging your associates to have that balance will help in the long run. Giving them "time away" when they are off as much as possible, meaning, limit emails and phone calls while they are off.

"Great place to work"

Former Contractor - Executive Assistant to the President in Draper, UT
    Former Contractor - Executive Assistant to the President in Draper, UT

I worked at 1-800 CONTACTS as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I was only there on a 3 month contract, but the benefits that the company offered were incredible. On site gym, cafeteria, health care on first day of employment. I had hoped to stay on at the end of my 3 month term but there was not a position at my level open.

Cons

no cons that I can think of now

Advice to Management

none