1-800 CONTACTS - Amazing job during school | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS

"Amazing job during school"

Current Employee - Quality Auditor in Draper, UT
Current Employee - Quality Auditor in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the work environment and the quality of care that the company gives its employees. They care for their employees so we can care for their customers. I look forward to going to work.

Cons

There is a very competitive atmosphere which can cause a negative impact to an employees work ethic and instill unwanted pride in a person.

Other Employee Reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS

"One of the best places to work in Utah for sure!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of opportunities to advance your career, they are the leader in their industry, they are so very flexible with your life outside of work, they have awesome events throughout the year for associates and their families, they treat employees very well, there;s an on-site cafeteria and gym, benefits are pretty good comparably, the list goes on and on...

Cons

Raises come annually which is great, but it's not much more than 3% to cover inflation.

Advice to Management

I would search internally for top talent and help them jump-start their careers so they don't leave for more money to another company.

"A company that rewards the hard-working employee."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT

I worked at 1-800 CONTACTS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can work from home but I don't know that you would want to. The on-site cafeteria and fitness center are pretty great perks. They reward you for doing your job well with generous bonuses and raises ever six months. Management is always there to help you and take your ideas and thoughts into consideration. Great place to work while going to school.

Cons

It's monotonous work at time but there is the ability to move around a bit. I started out on the phones and then, when I thought I might start yelling at people, I was able to switch to online chats and emails. There is also ample opportunity to move out of the call center and into more corporate level positions.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!