1-800 CONTACTS - Used to be great | Glassdoor

"Used to be great"

Current Employee - Rx Specialist in Draper, UT
Current Employee - Rx Specialist in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work with some really great people. Cafeteria with subsided meal plan. Tuition reimbursement of $2500 for full time employees a year. 401k, medical and dental for working only 30 hrs a week.

Cons

Recently 1800 Contacts was sold and bought by another company. In the past 4 months things have gone down hill. This is also when Jonathan Coon retired from being our CEO. It use to be an amazing place to work. Since the purchase in January it has been non stop changes, which have been for the worse. Instead of $5000 a year for tuition its only $2500. The cost of benefits went way up, and how much you pay is no longer dependent on what you make. Vacation time is a joke. It is impossible to move up.

Advice to Management

You need to understand that if it was not for the call center agents and Rx you would have no job. They do the dirty work of talking to the customers while you sit back and enjoy your paycheck.

1-800 CONTACTS Response

Apr 17, 2014 – HR Business Partner

This opinion does not reflect the most fundamental aspect of our Company culture which is the customer. We value customer service as one of the core pillars of our organization and are appalled that... More

Other Employee Reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS

"Enjoy my 3 months there"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer in Draper, UT

I worked at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the employee perks. Cafeteria, onsite gym, other wellness offered, vision center, snacks in each department. They took a genuine interest in their employees and did whatever they needed to make them feel like a valued part of their team.

Cons

This was a temporary assignment for me and to be honest there were no cons, IMO. Just that at the end of my assignment I would have loved if there was a permanent position for me.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

"The most employee friendly work environment I've worked at"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They treat their employees well on a day to day basis. The work culture is great and most everyone adopts the team working attitude.

Cons

Low-ball salary, given a lower title yet you do higher title work

Advice to Management

If you promote someone because they are right for the job, then give them the proper salary.