1-800 CONTACTS - My job at 1800 Contacts will one day turn into a career. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS

"My job at 1800 Contacts will one day turn into a career."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture of the company is so strong, it has taught me to not only value customer service but to live it. Everyone I work with is my customer. The job & pay are average but the vast company activities make it well worth it. I look forward to every event.

Cons

With so many people loving the company, there is very little turn over. Moving up is hard to do because very few opportunities come along. I've been trying to move positions for a while & not gotten any.

Advice to Management

View your employees potential. Help them move if they have expressed interest to.
Moving up is hard to do.

Other Employee Reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS

"This company has exceeded all of my expectations!"

Current Employee - Administration Support in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Administration Support in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Teamwork within a department and between departments is better than I've seen in any other company. Senior leadership is clearly driven to grow this organization and are great to work for. Who wouldn't love the highly subsidized restaurant (and Byron's cooking), fitness center, film festivals and the massive Summer Event! I hope I win the grand prize this year - my wife would love a free vacation!

Cons

The recent WellPoint ownership period was rough. They bought us and sold us again within about an 18 month period of time. They implemented tons of changes, then about the time that we got used to them, they sold us and we had to go through more changes! Not 1-800's fault, but it's been a big change season here!

Advice to Management

I know you're busy growing the company, but it would be cool if we saw you eating in the restaurant more regularly, instead of at your desks or in 'working lunches.'

"Great company to work for, (2 1/2 yrs.) Their vision "We take care of our team because they take care of our customers""

Current Employee - Receiving Clerk, Inbound Operations in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Receiving Clerk, Inbound Operations in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee perks (i.e. onsite cafeteria, subsidised meal cost, performance based bonus, Associate Development Programs, free eye exams, onsite gym, company parties, film festivals, supervisors and managers are personable, dedicated and genuinely care for their associates. A community exists within the company of continually progessing personally, and bettering the experience everyone has with this company, associates and customers alike. There is a lot of oportunity to move up, and grow professionally.

Cons

Not a job you can "coast" at. Especially at the Distribution center there is no room for mediocrity. Teams are driven here by success and if you can't consistently improve working here is not for you.

Advice to Management

be genuine, and complimentary. Don't compensate your goals to be nice, but go out of your way to be a friend to the "grunts".