1st Global - Okay starting place | Glassdoor

"Okay starting place"

Pros

Learn a lot while working there.

Cons

Dead end in terms of advancement and pay

Advice to Management

Develop and promote talent. Pay fairly.

Other Employee Reviews for 1st Global

1. "Phenomenal company. Eclectic culture. Dynamic work space. Great people. Meaningful work."

Former Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at 1st Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1st Global is not your typical "financial services" organization. They are a forward thinking, mid-sized company that embodies a entrepreneurial mindset, encourages their employees to be creative, strives to be great to their prospective and affiliated firms and is constantly challenging the status quo. In my role, I built great relationships with my immediate team and also co-workers outside my department. With challenging but exciting work/responsibilities, I was able to enhance my strengths and even grow in other areas within my skill set. 1st Global also has various activities and outings monthly that are solely dedicated to employee engagement (one of my favorites was an outing to Top Golf).

Cons

Like any small - medium sized organization, some might say there is little room for advancement in some departments but 1st Global encourages employees to step up to the plate, take ownership and either advance their careers to different departments within the company or take on new, more challenging responsibilities.

2. "New Accounts"

Current Employee - New Accounts Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - New Accounts Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at 1st Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are very flexible and they let employees work from home. They also encourage employees to get licensed by paying for the testing materials and the test.

Cons

Some overtime is expected, especially during the busy seasons such as tax time and at the end of the year.

1st Global Response

Jul 18, 2015 – Recruiting Director

On behalf of the 1st Global leadership team, I thank you for your positive comments on this review! The feedback we hear from our employees is positive in regards to building on education in their ... More