24 Hour Fitness - If your not lazy, it's a great company to work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

"If your not lazy, it's a great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Assistant FItness Manager in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Assistant FItness Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a friendly, fun, atmosphere. They offer bonus's every month and have ways to increase your pay. There are programs that the company pays for that help you improve in what you do. Changing lives everyday is always a pro. This company also pays the highest trainer pay I have found. LA FITNESS gets paid average $15-$20 LESS an hour. Thats lame!

Cons

The cons would be that they took away our retirement matching which is very depressing. It's nice to know one day I will retire and have money in the bank. Another con would be aggressive goals for some clubs, this can raise stress and anxiety. Your pay depends on meeting goals. Meetings....meetings....and more meetings....that can become repetitive.

Advice to Management

Understand that in this position our personal sales goals are double and we are required to do a minimum of 120 sessions a month on top of that. Then tack on trainer coaching/meetings and club sales goals. We are busy!

Other Employee Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

"Review from a vetern!"

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate
    Current Employee - Front Desk Associate

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get a free membership to the highest tier gym. Your surrounded by health and fitness. They are really good at working around school schedule and ect.

Cons

No more commission, haven't gotten a raise in 1.5! Very corporate! Turn over is very very high because the pay is low and there is nothing extrodinary to keep people around. There is a huge gap between department management pay and Club management pay.

Advice to Management

More like advice to Corporate: When I joined the company 5 years ago, it was such a happier atmospher and everyone performed so much better than now after you took all our bonous', commission and any other perks. To work for the company is now nothing different than getting a job at Subway which actually pays better! There is no more interest in moving up in the company as well. I have worked 8 different clubs and its all the same.

2. "It is fun but not enough pay."

Current Employee - Membership Counslor in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Membership Counslor in Portland, OR

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great staff and managment. Plenty of work to keep u busy.

Cons

Cleaning the locker rooms and doing the laundry/ towel service.

Advice to Management

Adjust pay structure to keep quality employees.