24 Hour Fitness - Group Fitness Instructor for Zumba | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

"Group Fitness Instructor for Zumba"

Former Employee - Group Fitness Instructor in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Group Fitness Instructor in Seattle, WA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great staff to work with

Cons

Benefits should be given to Pt's regardless of how many hours they work.

Advice to Management

Benefits should be given to Pt's regardless of how many hours they work.

Other Employee Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

"Don't recommend working here."

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management doesn't care about the employees. They just use you to their advantage and spit you out.

The company is like a child's playpen. When one toy breaks (employee) not a big deal, they just get a new toy. As far as investing in and developing an employee goes...this company can't seem to understand the value.

Cons

Terrible pay, terrible management. A company culture that does not value the well being of employees.

Advice to Management

Go to college.

"Best feeling ever leaving this company!"

Former Employee - Personal Trainer III in Concord, CA
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer III in Concord, CA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping my clients reach success, along with a couple very successful Group X classes is what truly kept me here so long. Good for exposure, but should be nothing more than a stepping stone towards a higher paying career. 2/10 pieces of a cake won't cut it for me. (Commission, that is) And being around the atmosphere of other trainers learning styles and sharing knowledge doesn't hurt either.

Cons

Here we go...

Were required to get our own clients, but not given the Non-Session hours to do so. Management always says we'll have a number allotted to us each month, and never happens. Then when we pick up clients on the clock without a client (min wage, that is...) were accused of doing nothing with our time or in my case with my unprofessional fitness manager "Milking the system". Group X promised a raise after a year, never happened either. With the 2 great classes I was doing a week, the took my pay from Group X wage down to minimum wage "because it simply wasn't in the budget to pay me". Take my 5:30PM Bootcamp class that had over 40+ per class, to a BodyCombat class that MAYBE fills half the room, while moving me into the spin room with half the room and sign up sheets being filed for classes 3 weeks in advance! And management, I had 4 different fitness, service and club managers, along with 3 different membership managers, meaning there's no good way to build rapport with these people! Each new manager coming in with their new "plan" that would eventually fail. Went to HR due to the lack of professionalism and bullying on my CM and FM and only seemed to be a bandaid that would rip right off, so it's safe to say HR does NOTHING. Management is young and only look out for each other, while seeing how far they can push us trainers until we break, then hire a new team of trainers and repeat the cycle again. When trainers come to me and ask "how have you put up with this and done it for so long?" That's a big red flag! I can go on for days, so ill leave it at that.

Advice to Management

Shoving quotas down our throat isn't going to spark a fire in anyone. Remember that we're hired as trainers, not used car salesman! Bringing fresh new management to learn into a dying club every 6 months won't solve anything, your setting them up to fail, along with us. (Or them, thank god I'm out) And please stop advising club managers to answer complaints on Yelp... That time typing away at the keyboard in the office could be used to actually fix that problem, not sugarcoat and offer an empty promise!