24 Hour Fitness - Politics Aside, good environment to learn sales part-time. Full-Time prospective employee's should look elsewhere. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

"Politics Aside, good environment to learn sales part-time. Full-Time prospective employee's should look elsewhere."

Current Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR
Current Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule
Great Environment to Learn Sales
Multiple Locations

Cons

Quality of management varies greatly.
Corporate constantly changes policies
Fast Turnover

Advice to Management

I appreciate the opportunity I have been given to work for this company. I work at a club that constantly gets visited by the corporate team, However, corporate needs to analyze how their pricing is perceived compared to competitors . 24 Hour Fitness lacks competitive pricing (45-60 P/M as opposed to (30-40P/M) and it is difficult to address whether the Super Sport gyms are premium tier or low tier because the pricing lacks strategy and the positioning of the gym I work at does not match the market they are targeting. I have worked at an active and then super sport for over two years and I have learned a lot about the pros and cons from the frontline perspective. Spend more time training the service department about current policies for members as you do for membership counselors. Many times I had angry customers because of the lack of consistent information they receive from different departments. I loved this company when I began working but overtime the club management changed(they left the company) and lately I have felt like the new management micro manages the entire staff. I produce the most sales in the club I work in and I am results driven but the constant "new" policies hinder the customer experience not improve it. Unfortunately , due to the lack of consistency in this company I will leaving to work for a Corporation in June. I have a finance and marketing degree and while I wanted to originally move up within this company the current environment is not the right fit for a strong business model. This company will have quantity in new members but it lacks quality at the current time and if that does not change the increase in cancellations will offset the new members joining .

Other Employee Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

1. "Little to no help getting clients"

Pros

Work in a gym setting

Cons

Difficult starting off as someone new

2. "Fun place to work"

Former Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR
    Former Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a fun and upbeat atmosphere. Good coworkers. Flexible hours. For the most part management is helpful. You can learn a lot about fitness sales and sales in general. opportunity for advancement is high.

Cons

Certain managers can be a little to pushy to make sales. Low pay. Sometimes are micromanaged