24 Hour Fitness - Fun when young | Glassdoor

"Fun when young"

Former Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR in Fort Collins, CO
Former Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, energetic, fast paced. Breaks to work out.

Cons

Very hard mentally - if you don't close sales at a high percentage it WILL be noticed.

Advice to Management

Keep it fun!

Other Employee Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

1. "Great place to grow"

Former Employee - Certified Personal Trainer in Clackamas, OR
    Former Employee - Certified Personal Trainer in Clackamas, OR

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work culture really depends on the branch and the managers running that specific branch and its different teams. I mostly had great experiences with my management.
    The training I received to do all my different functions was very high quality, and there were ongoing workshops in the area at the time that I could attend to boost my knowledge. Also, having other trainers around to whom I could ask questions made me a much better trainer very quickly.
    The employee benefits are pretty decent too if you take advantage of all that is offered.
    As with many jobs, so much depends on your direct manager and club manager! (Also, if you have a good sales manager with a solid team who is active about signing up new members for training, that can really help ensure that your business is great.)

Cons

Loss prevention has a lot of rules that you should seek to find out. I had a few managers (who were later fired) that encouraged us to do things against company policy, and I almost got fired for it, along with about five other employees who did.
    As a trainer working for a "big box" gym, your pay will often be lower per hour than working for smaller gym or working privately. However, if you are in a "good traffic" gym, meaning you work at one that receives a lot of new members as well as existing members interested in training, then your overall earnings could be significantly higher than in the small gym settings. Once you locate a branch with good traffic, the rest is up to you to seek out new business inside the gym.

Advice to Management

I would continue to provide local development opportunities and subsidized national certification opportunities for employees interested in becoming personal trainers.
    Please make sure that Loss Prevention rules are clear to all employees before any action is taken against them.

2. "24HF is OK depending where you are located"

Pros

There is a great work life balance.

Cons

decline to comment regarding cons