24 Hour Fitness - Lots of fun, but you have to be driven to reap the rewards,,, | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

"Lots of fun, but you have to be driven to reap the rewards,,,"

Current Employee - Membership Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Membership Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The environment is great. Great colleagues (generally speaking). The feeling of success when goals are met is very rewarding. It's just a good time, it least it has been for me. If you show energy and are a high performer it doesn't take long to get noticed and move up the ladder.

Cons

If you don't like sales, you probably don't want to work here in any Membership, Fitness, or Leadership position. It's not necessarily a con if you're on board, but I know many consider this to be a negative. People are pushed to deliver more and more and it's never enough. It's very "What have you done for me lately?" type of feeling.

Pay. Most people are underpaid, particularly the front line team members. Over the last several years cuts in labor have really made the job difficult. We're now expecting much more from our team members and we aren't compensating properly.

Advice to Management

Bring back some form of commissions for sales team members. If we really want to get to a higher level we have to create incentive and reward people, not just give folks a pat on the back. That only goes so far.

Other Employee Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

"Great place to work while you are in college."

Former Employee - Group Fitness Instructor in Stockton, CA
    Former Employee - Group Fitness Instructor in Stockton, CA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere of the clubs are great and friendly. Coworkers all share the same goals and are very positive and motivating within the employee circle as well as the members. Free membership is a good thing.

Cons

High turnover rate. Managers and supervisors seem to change very often, leaving you feeling like you're only part of a temporary workplace.

Advice to Management

Quit restructuring your management staff. The bottom line is not as important as maintaining a high employee retention rate with people who want to work there.

2. "Club manager"

Current Employee - Club Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Club Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping people attain improved levels of fitness, coaching and teaching team members!

Cons

All about the numbers!!! They say people are important however it is always the numbers!!!

Advice to Management

Work on people development not nearly metrics and tactics people are any companies greatest resource, make visits and interactions more about people and leadership!