24 Hour Fitness - Depends on the club | Glassdoor

"Depends on the club"

Current Employee - Personal Trainer III
Current Employee - Personal Trainer III

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team I work on is great, we're a tight-knit group, and we have fun. My FM cares about my actual training skills.

Cons

While MY fitness manager cares about my training skills and education level, the company could not care less. All they care about are sales and new business units. They've gotten really stickler-y on non-session hours (2 per week, only), but expect you to somehow bring in all kinds of sales and new business, while trying to be a great trainer. I've actually been told "you're doing really well with time management!" And then, "we need you to bring in new business." In the same 10 minute meeting!

If you enjoy training, and you're good at it, work somewhere else. 24 will only care about the revenue you can provide them, and, if you're good at training, will pressure you into management, even of you're not interested in moving up (because moving up means moving away from actually training people).

Advice to Management

Back off and let your trainers actually train. At least attempt to hide the money hungry world of corporate. No one wants to feel like an expendable pawn whose only use to make you money.

Other Employee Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness