2U - 2U is the place I never knew I always wanted to be! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for 2U

"2U is the place I never knew I always wanted to be!"

I have been working at 2U full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have an opportunity to work with an amazing team of smart, innovative individuals every day. The company isn't afraid to try something new when we believe it is the right thing to do. We push each other to be great and the quality of our work speaks for itself. Leadership cares about us as individuals and supports a fun and energetic environment. We work very hard and we laugh a lot.

Cons

Not a true con, but something to think about if applying for a job here. We work at lightening pace so you need to be on top of your work and hold yourself accountable. Everyone on the team relies on you to do your part.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to feedback from employees and remain open to suggestions.

Other Employee Reviews for 2U

1. "Work hard, play harder mentality"

Current Employee - Senior Admissions Counselor in Landover, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Admissions Counselor in Landover, MD

I have been working at 2U full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can wear what you want, great people, CEO is full of energy

Cons

Lots of changes constantly many of times with little warning.

"Trending toward greatness"

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Landover, MD
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Landover, MD

I have been working at 2U full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Senior Management fosters constant innovation while providing clear goals for themselves as well as each department. We are routinely asked to embrace changes that our peers, not management , have developed allowing many to step out of their day to day role and contribute on a much larger scale. This contribution has resulted in a greater sense of family/unity. Feedback is consistently requested to further evolve what we do well.. The mission of 2U attracts top people which forces you to bring your best each day because you know the person on either side of you is just as talented and driven. That said, from the C-level team down to managers the focus is on collaboration not cutthroat competition to move the business forward.

Cons

Early promotions were based on sales ability or friendships not leadership or management ability. Through a good HR process and clearer metrics across all departments the management team has grown in a much more productive way, internal promotions are deserved and evident by the time they occur. Related to this as the company has matured there were growing pains from employees that were excited by the "Start-up" mentality. We have moved past that but some have found it hard to embrace a more corporate approach to things.

Unless you live in DC the commute can be brutal at times. Additionally the options for lunch, or team gatherings after hours are severely limited in the immediate area.

Advice to Management

Stay the course, find new ways to motivate just as you challenge teams to find new ways to improve.