2Wire - 2Wire Contracted Incoming DSL Phone Support | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for 2Wire

"2Wire Contracted Incoming DSL Phone Support"

Former Contractor - Level I Technician, OCP Project in Tempe, AZ
Former Contractor - Level I Technician, OCP Project in Tempe, AZ

I worked at 2Wire as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

New hires underwent 2 weeks of very comprehensive training prior to being placed on the floor to start taking calls.

Cons

They timed your bathroom breaks with a stopwatch. It was a very high stress environment, with at least one team leader being fired for sending verbally abusive emails ti his team.

Advice to Management

Spend a little more time balancing out the call center load.

Other Employee Reviews for 2Wire

1. "2WIRE is as traditional of a tech support call center as one can work for."

Former Employee - Tier I Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Tier I Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at 2Wire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits package, somewhat flexible hours, potential dating hookup, no one messes with you if you meet your numbers.

Cons

Metrics, potential dating disasters, everyone messes with you if you don't meet your numbers.

Advice to Management

Yes, the numbers are important, but taking care of the customer tends to score higher, especially in my experience. I'd worry less about the average call duration and more about satisfied customer survey ratings. The company's reputation is on the line.

2. "2Wire after new management (Pace)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

Decent compensation, good engineering team

Cons

Newer management (Pace) is headed towards the direction of making cheaper gateways and compromise anything to achieve this. No new technology development, just sustaining work and making CHEAP products. Senior management doesn't have technology background and all it care is profit margins. This direction is not going to help them on long run and soon they would be easily taken over by companies which outsource largely to Asian countries like China/Taiwan to make cheap products

Advice to Management

Hire a CTO who understands the next living room and can provide a vision.

Company is in a very good space to differentiate itself. Rather than being a technology follower plan to drive the next technology. Leverage the presence you have now. Set top box is not the only product you can put out, this can be easily replaced with cheaper units.