2k Manhattan - You get what you put in | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for 2k Manhattan

"You get what you put in"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Hackensack, NJ
Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at 2k Manhattan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Did I mention you get in what you put in? I've always been a go-getter and love that I can work as hard as I want and get to move up in the company based on my work ethic. It's the best place for people that are career-driven and don't want to base a career off seniority.

Cons

I've never managed people prior to this job and within 2 months I was responsible for overseeing the development of 3 individuals so that was a learning curve. It definitely helps if you've had prior experience in teaching and training people, but I was coached along the way.

Advice to Management

Fresh coffee and donuts every morning would be a nice touch.... :)

Other Employee Reviews for 2k Manhattan

"Fast paced"

I worked at 2k Manhattan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team atmosphere, a lot of outgoing personalities, considerable amount of growth opportunities

Cons

I was challenged by how fast paced everything was. i was used to coming into to work and just doing my job and leaving, but this place challenged me. I've learned a lot about myself through everything and have gotten better at juggling things.

2. "Unpleasant Surprises"

I worked at 2k Manhattan full-time

Pros

You'll appreciate your next job even more.

Cons

All the negative reviews are 100% true, this company is nothing more than a pyramid scheme. They give you fancy titles to make the job seem more important than what it really is. But in all actuality they give you this fancy title of account manager so that you can work more than 40 hours a week without having to be paid overtime. They tell you that all your gas and meals will be reimbursed to you when you do your taxes, but in all actuality those type of expenses go under deductions in your taxes. You'll most likely never see that money back again. If you express any type of emotion fatigue or an opposing opinion to what the executive says they will begin to force you out. Nothing is consistent at this workplace, employees come and go some only staying for a few days or less. They hype you up so that when you're driving more than 100 miles a day, doing door-to-door sales, and walking for more than 10 hours a day you'll believe it is for a good cause. They put a daily quota on everything that you're supposed to sell, and if you don't make that daily quota they begin to force you out. They will hire anybody, even individuals with a criminal history who later on was arrested for stealing credit card information. Like most people joining this company, I wanted to believe in everything they said. I wanted to create a successful life for myself and make money. I worked there for three months before realizing that I was not having a healthy work life balance. The bottom line is you can find a better job that pays more and really cares about you as an employee.

Advice to Management

Change your business tactic, try to hire people for long-term and do what it takes to keep them happy. The revolving door business tactic it's not fair to employees.