3M - Senior Account Representative | Glassdoor

"Senior Account Representative"

Former Employee - Senior Account Representative
Former Employee - Senior Account Representative

I worked at 3M full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strong company. I had great managers and was recognized for my achievements. Really liked my career at 3M and would recommend working there to anyone. I wish I had not left to pursue an opportunity which presented itself. Took the risk, got burned. Live and learn.

Cons

Marketers tend make decisions which can dramatically jeopardize a sales reps market share. The marketing people seem to make a change then move on to another marketing job in another division or department every two years and never see or suffer the consequences of their decisions. Sales people are left to scramble and save face with customers. Not a major issue, but it was frustrating at times. Experienced sales people are on their way out and too many college kids are taking their place.

Advice to Management

Keep quality sales people with experience and product knowledge. More cheap feet on the street is not a good solution. Quality over quantity.

Other Employee Reviews for 3M

1. "Out with the Old in with the New"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at 3M full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great friends and former management,

Cons

This company was the best company to work for, my loyalty to the company was great, and the company’s loyalty was the best, this started changing in 2000 and little by little the company was removing the old loyal employees with contact workers, inexperienced new hires, and out sourcing. This was done through Six Sigma, Reclassifying Jobs and hiding behind new bogus company code of conduct rules that didn’t apply to upper management. So long Mr. McKnight principles and so long 34 years at this company, Good luck for the remaining old guard

Advice to Management

Start looking in the mirror and invest in your veteran employees, return to the McKnight principles and live them

2. "It was rewarding to know at the end of the day I made a difference in how things were accomplished."

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Hutchinson, MN
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Hutchinson, MN

I worked at 3M full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people are great. Variety of job opportunities.

Cons

Management sometimes didn't have a clue on how things got done nor were some of them interested in learning. They were more interested in looking good for their next job.

Advice to Management

Listen to the small person that works hard everyday so you can look good to others above you!