3M - Very Happy at 3M | Glassdoor

"Very Happy at 3M"

Pros

My co-workers were well-qualified and hardworking. My supervisor was concerned about my professional growth and development as well as my current projects.

Cons

Department organization is always fluid and upper management is often negative about the outlook of the company.

Advice to Management

Cut the CEO's pay. Does he really do enough work to justify being paid 150 times what an engineer makes? There's no way.

Other Employee Reviews for 3M

1. "Innovative products, political and outdated management practices"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at 3M full-time

Pros

competitive salary, international opportunities, innovative product offering, top-notch R&D department, adequate benefits

Cons

little room for lateral growth, not run as a meritocracy, incredibly political for career advancement, incompetent management, diversity is lacking, difficult to retain young talent

Advice to Management

Make this company an exciting place to work, rather than a stuffy 9-5 where middle management are promoted based on tenure. Compared to other fortune 500 companies in the Twin Cities, 3M has a reputation of being the place where the management is slow to adapt to the recent times. It is not going to win any "Best Places to Work" awards until it revises its middle manager structure.

2. "Great experience."

Current Intern - R&D Intern in Maplewood, MN
    Current Intern - R&D Intern in Maplewood, MN

I have been working at 3M as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people and nice projects. You can learn a lot especially at the R & D labs. But really depends on your position.

Cons

Location. The winters tend to be extremely cold. The summer can be very hot on certain days. But that really depends.