Cover image for 3M

Great place for growth

Manager
      Former Employee, more than 5 years
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a strong belief in innovation and employees are given a lot of flexibility to make a difference. Total compensation is very good It is a collaborative environment

Cons

A large amount of overhead & meetings searching for consensus Some decision makers are too disconnected from the day to day reality

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Empowering our people to grow their careers and find their passion is an important part of our promise as an Employer Brand. We'll make sure that we share your advice on streamlining decision-making processes to make life easier for everyone in your position.

1. 5.0
        Sep 20, 2023
        UX Design intern
        Former Intern, less than 1 year
        Maplewood, MN
        Business Outlook

Pros

A very good internship program that was well organized

Cons

I had a positive experience so I don't have any negative comments!

1. 2.0
          Aug 21, 2023
          Data Deployment Lead
          Former Employee, more than 8 years
          Maplewood, MN
          Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best people I have worked with are or were employed by 3M. Plenty of opportunity to learn how to change direction on the fly.

Cons

Plenty of opportunity to learn how to change direction on the fly. To the point it felt like the project(s) were rudderless much of the time. The great leaders and employees were often ignored when presenting hard truths about project decisions that would end up costing time and plenty of money. Due to laying people off each year for the last 6 years it is hard to trust the executive leadership strategy. It has also caused significantly more work for those that are left after they lay offs. To be transparent I was laid off in the May 2023 layoff but I have honestly been more concerned for those that were left and had to continue to pick up even more work with less people on unrealistic deadlines. It is hard to watch a company that has played such a major role in the economy of the state I have called home my entire life but there are some serious problems right now starting at the top and due to that I would caution anyone from accepting a job offer from 3M.

Hello, Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback as a former employee and see your concerns regarding layoffs and the management approach. We want you to know that we look to our current and former employees to help us shape the future of 3M, and we are grateful you decided to share your experience with us. Have a nice day!

Discover more reviews about 3M.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

190.7K

Construction Project Manager

How do you stall accepting a job offer if you're still waiting on other jobs/interviews to get back to you?

1 Comment

UX Designer

I have a UX Designer phone interview coming up with Microsoft in a few weeks, any advice on what questions to expect and how to prepare? Thanks!

0 Comments

Infosys

Hello, has anyone given interview for senior software engineer - java for UBS recently. Any tips, questions would be useful?

0 Comments