Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Culture of Common Sense

Jan 22, 2020 - Technical Writer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've thoroughly enjoyed working at 4C and look forward to my continued involvement. Despite being a part-time employee, I've acclimated to the 4C culture quite painlessly and expect that most would have a similar experience. Fair pay, flexibility, a policy of openness and a healthy number of company parties create an employee experience that's relaxed and communicative. I've rarely been put in a position that's felt unjust, and should this occur I feel that I'd be able to communicate this to management without an issue. Broadly speaking, 4C has cultivated a culture of respect and common sense, which empowers its employees to speak their mind. Upward progression is taken seriously, and work/life balance (important for me as a part-timer with multiple jobs) is fair. Unlimited PTO is a massive perk, and WFH is allowed whenever you want. So long as you're doing your part, 4C allows you to work the way you want, and that's a fine thing. Generally, there's a lot of trust that you'll do your job to the best your ability, and that trust really goes a long way towards motivating employees to apply themselves. This respect is the core of what makes 4C work as well as it does, and creates one of the best work environments I've been privileged to experience.

Cons

One potential con of a culture-forward work environment is that, if you're unable to acclimate to the company "vibe", it could be difficult to feel at home here. That said, the culture being relaxed and approachable as it is, I can't think of many people who would find it difficult to gel. Regardless, your mileage here has the potential to vary. It's also worth mentioning that the company is in a post-startup state, which means many things are consistently in flux. High-level decisions are made rather unceremoniously and that company-wide agility can feel chaotic at times.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic!

Sep 5, 2019 - Not Provided in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people and culture at 4C are hands down the best I've ever experienced. I believe that leadership, peers, and teammates genuinely care about the company and where we're headed. Everyone is really leaned in to the work we're doing and our place in the industry. Managers take a personal interest in seeing their teams do well and the company does great things to make it the best place to work. Volunteer events, company happy hours, and flexible work schedule - among many other things make it really great!

Cons

No concerns or negative things to highlight at this time.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great people, great work-life balance

Jun 18, 2021 - Software Development Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

All of the engineers are great to work with. A lot of smart, talented, kind people.

Cons

Work could be more exciting

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about 4C Insights.