512 Solutions - If you don't understand the term "face-to-face" sales here is it.... | Glassdoor

"If you don't understand the term "face-to-face" sales here is it...."

I worked at 512 Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are all really friendly, young, high-energy.

Cons

You go to Walmarts and set up shop, and then bug each person who walks by, trying to get them to ditch their cable company and offer them deals to have them switch over to direct TV. If it's tough to be ignored and sometimes disrespected on a regular basis by Walmart customers then this job is not for you. It certainly wasn't for me. Face to Face sales means begging people to listen to a pitch who came to shop for... something else. Also the promotions they speak of have no pay boost... your first three promos just mean a title change and a few more responsibilities but you'll still be standing in a Walmart for hours each day trying to get people to switch cable providers.

Advice to Management

Management, be honest in interview one about the job at hand.

512 Solutions2014-04-04

Other Employee Reviews

"Entrepreneurship is not just a class you take in college."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Let me start off by saying I have worked at 512 Solutions for over a year, and today is the first time I even bothered to read the reviews on this website. There are many more positive reviews than negative ones, and I completely understand where the authors of each one were coming from. Everybody has different experiences, dependent on many different variables, and everybody is entitled to their own opinions. ... Here is mine.... Since day one, I have been supported through my journey with 512 Solutions. This was my very first job in a new city where I knew absolutely nobody, and I suddenly had over 20 new friends. Positive people attract positive people, and negative people give up on everything anyway. I DO NOT do drugs, of any kind, and never felt uncomfortable or disrespected because of that. I HAVE worked in the real world. I have a degree in marketing and a background in marketing research, sales, and promotions. I came into 512 Solutions looking for experience in leading teams and managing people, and was given the management training program breakdown during my interview. I was given all the knowledge needed to make sales in my very first week, and started making sales immediately. I have never had to rely on the $300 base pay that is still in place for me, and I'm still here a year later. I have full medical, dental and vision insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield that I get through 512 Solutions. Yes, we work with WalMart. WalMart is the largest retailer in the country, with thousands of people walking through the doors on a daily basis, and it simply doesn't make sense for us to set up elsewhere. I guess we could go door to door, or cold call people. The opportunity for management is real. I have seen three people promoted to management since I started a year ago. Their names are Brandon, Jeff and Erica. Jeff did my interview and coached me, and now he runs his own office. I have learned so much in the past year about how to actually APPLY the marketing knowledge I spent 4 years studying in college. Due to "lack of experience", and a saturated market of recent grads looking for entry-level marketing positions today, the fact that I was able to start making money at 512 Solutions on day 1 of working with the company is hard to beat in the REAL WORLD. 512 Solutions adds value to people, regardless of their background, education, age, gender, etc. In one year I have been flown to California twice, because I worked hard and earned company invitations. Once to San Francisco for a company retreat, and once to LA for a conference. These were both amazing experiences that other companies would require years of dedication from employees before covering this type of venture. Before working with 512 Solutions, I had never been tubing on the river, played disc golf, played laser tag, played competitive sand volleyball or carved pumpkins as an office and had the company pay for everything. I literally did ALL of that in the past 3 months. My family also attended many of these events with me! I am now at the point where I am pushing for the next management position at 512, and am extremely excited for my next step. I love the people I work with, and am HAPPY that many of the people who have started and quit, left. Negative vibes aren't appreciated at 512 solutions. This isn't for everybody, but I wouldn't wanna work with everybody ;)

Cons

I understand how may people shy away from a company who allows their employees to work off commission. I was quite hesitant about the pay structure when I started. However, I have learned that performance truly does differentiate the successful from the average. 512 Solutions expects their employees to be positive minded and to have the ability to perform all the time. Their training program is designed to train... people in sales AND management simultaneously. So YES, I have many responsibilities! I also have great coaches to help me through my journey. People who want to "do it their way" usually struggle. Anybody who has written a negative review on this site, never got past the sales phase. It is apparent to me that they were not meant to manage or lead people to begin with, probably due to their lack of drive or resilience. This program is strategically designed to shape and mold people to become leaders. People with leadership qualities do well in the business world, as well as in their outside lives. People without high personal accountability do not do well here. People who have excuse making tendencies do not do well here. People who cannot control their emotions and run at the first site of a new challenge do not do well here. Other than that, everybody does VERY WELL here! 512 solutions does expect a lot from their employees, but they also invest much of their time and resources into developing their employees and providing them with great opportunity. WE also have A LOT of fun. I have walked home with $1000 paychecks, and we get paid weekly, but I only get out what I put in. And THAT"S THE REAL WORLD.

Advice to Management

Not everybody is going to fit in at every company, including this one. One flaw that 512 Solutions has is that they assume that everybody they hire will be successful.

512 Solutions2014-10-22

512 Solutions Response

October 27, 2014Recruiting

Thanks so much for your honest feedback! You're right, this isn't a cookie cutter position that is the right fit for everyone. But for those with true work ethic, and relentlessness towards their goals, there is plenty of opportunity to do big things at 512 Solutions.

"Don't do it"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at 512 Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

None, unless you like bothering people in Wal-mart for 8 hours.

Cons

Terrible business model, it is basically a pyramid scheme-style MLM setup. Requires that you stand inside of Wal-mart for 8 hours a day and bother people that are trying to shop.

Advice to Management

Get a new business model.

512 Solutions2017-02-10

Discover more reviews about 512 Solutions.