51Talk - This is a great and flexible job, especially if you live abroad. | Glassdoor

"This is a great and flexible job, especially if you live abroad."

Current Employee - English Teacher in Remote, OR

I have been working at 51Talk part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility and staff support. Lesson plans provided. Fun environment.

Cons

Monetary penalties if you miss a class even for an emergency, without 2 hours notice.

51Talk2019-03-07

"Their is no one you can communicated with"

Former Employee - Teacher in Orlando, FL

I worked at 51Talk full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are better ELS jobs out there. There is nothing good not even the pay. There is no room from grow the company income frozen, at 14 dollars an hour for ind classes, and 18 for group for 45 min. There are other ELS that pay a lot more 20 dollars a hour starting, plus additional bonus you can earn. As well they don't charged you to the send the money to your bank.

Cons

I work in the company for a little of over two year earning the max you can earn 22 and hour. Constant booking, i never spoke to the higher up because they were never available. Always had to communicated with someone who is English is worse that the kids. I took kid from the phonic level to 3 and 6 grade level. Meaning the students i mostly had been with for the entire time I was working there. During the holidays my laptop broke, and I order a new one. However that meant canceling classes. which i show prove, with pictures. They decided to terminated my contract with them, I only cancel 8. I have told the parents, as well show the pictures of the termination you gave me, I had parent that renew so their child could had me. I am sure over the 600 kids i had on rotation will terminated their own contract. The parents even called, and got told i was going to be put back, so people lie to her, and she remove her two kids.

Continue reading
    51Talk2019-01-12

"Low pay"

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at 51Talk part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Choose your own schedule. Meet really great kids

Cons

Low pay, work at night

Continue reading
    51Talk2019-10-18

Discover more reviews about 51Talk.