KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee

TERMINATION WITHOUT DUE PROCESS - EXTREMELY UNPPLEASANT

Sep 30, 2015 - Junior Online Teacher in Mandaluyong City
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can work at the comforts of your home.

Cons

On September 29, 2015, I noticed that my page has been locked as well as the communication tools I used to contact my students. I asked them and it took them so long to reply and said that I will just receive an email about it. I called but the call center agent support said the same thing, they can’t even tell me how long should I wait. I find it absurd that they can just do that without even warning the teachers that they will be up for deliberation that is by the way, just within them. Today, I received an email saying that they are canceling the service agreement. I didn’t have the chance to defend myself on whatever it is that they accused of me of doing. They said that I failed to meet the company standards due to my absences which in fact were all invalid. My absences were due to my sickness (which I have a proof and I told them about it over and over again but they didn’t bother to take a look at it.) They were claiming that it was all because of my non-performance which I strongly disagree with. In the first place, we were not given much information about how we are doing, no weekly or monthly evaluations and there were no warnings whatsoever of what complaints we have attained. I believe that this kind of practice is mortifying and though we don’t have an actual contract (only a service agreement) this doesn’t give them the right to just dismiss a teacher to think that they also benefited from our revenues individually. I hope you can take a look at this concern and I hope there is some kind of a complaint that I can file against their hideous company. Terminating an employee without due process is something that we shouldn’t tolerate in this country. It’s 2015 – they should be able to manifest a well-established and transparent course of action towards their employees and not just terminate them as they please, preposterous.

Continue reading
    28 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 3 years

good place to work

Sep 21, 2021 - Online English Teacher in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

remote work opportunity good salary USD work from home laptop internet

Cons

working hours are during night if your are WEST based.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Good first ESL job

Jun 5, 2022 - Online ESL Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can open slots whenever you are available. You can build up a good student base and have most of your slots filled with regulars. Worked with both adults and children.

Cons

Written feedback was required for each student.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about 51Talk.

51Talk Photos

+ Add Photo
51Talk photo of: 51Talk 6th Anniversary Celebration
51Talk photo of: "New Window" Charity Project at Huangzhuang School (Beijing)
51Talk photo of: Star Teacher Visit Beijing (2016)
51Talk photo of: "Star" Teacher Visit Beijing (2016)