84 Lumber - I hate it, but love it | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for 84 Lumber

"I hate it, but love it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eighty Four, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eighty Four, PA

I have been working at 84 Lumber full-time (More than a year)

Pros

84 Lumber is one of the best environments that I've ever worked in. I love my coworkers, my job, and most things about the company. There is a lot of opportunity to move up within the company.

Cons

The company pays people significantly less than the rest of the industry. The pay does not reflect the amount of hours that are worked. Speaking of hours, the hours are TERRIBLE. 7-5 Monday through Friday. There is almost no structure, meaning that the field guys can basically do whatever they please and they leave headquarters employees to clean up their mess. The field guys will do anything they can to manipulate the system and are never held accountable which can be really annoying. Health insurance is super expensive and is not taken out pre-tax. Oh, and if you don't want to put an 84 Lumber bumper sticker on your car don't apply.

Advice to Management

Hold employees accountable. Please stop hiring back employees that lie, steal and cheat from the company. Enforce the structure that is in place, and don't like field guys manipulate the system. If you're not going to pay fair money the least you could do is make us work normal 40 hour weeks. You work us to the bone and pay the bare minimum, it's 2017, can we get paid average wages please? Lastly, is there a chance that you can stop overcharging for uniforms in the logo shop? You made over a half million dollars off of employees that bought uniforms from the company... how is that fair?

Other Employee Reviews for 84 Lumber

1. "Sales Coordinator"

I have been working at 84 Lumber full-time

Pros

Job that comes close to paying the bills

Cons

Pay - work ethics - safety - co-workers

Advice to Management

listen to employee feedback and at least consider implementation

"Job ok And manger an Supervisor are not!!! Stay away from Job!! Take at own risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Joppa, MD
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Joppa, MD

I worked at 84 Lumber full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the employees are great. The office ppl may speak too you An some of the other driver take lunch when u want.

Cons

Long hours and Not good driver pay 60hr week for pennies Seniority wins. Commission Base Senior driver will make all the money. They just treat new drivers bad you will work 50-60hr week for 500-700 bucks ant the senior driver make 1300-1500 easy because he get the jobs they should be equally divided by it paying commission but it's not so beware An supervisor will let u no seniority win at his store u are there to pick up the scraps

Advice to Management

Management need to be fair too the new driver give everyone equally runs Seniorty should not win in a Commission base job.