KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee

Good place to work

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible time Nice coworker 2 weeks of winter break

Cons

No bonus Low 401k matching Some long unnecessary meetings

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome

Sep 8, 2022 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Looks Great and seems nice

Cons

I don't see anything negative

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Major Changes Needed

Aug 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

* The two week holiday break is fantastic. * Management mostly leaves workers alone to work. * Management seems effective at reducing the amount of required meetings including no-meeting Fridays.

Cons

* Executives and management are big on promoting gender neutral politics at work. While these may be great for people who want an employer who pushes left-wing politics, it makes for an uncomfortable work environment for those who don't 100% agree. The company now hires nationwide, including in conservative areas outside Seattle. You can't expect all your employees to simply agree with you. It seems leadership doesn't care about making half the employees uncomfortable in order to push radical policies that benefit a small 5% of the employees. * Senior dev used to be the highest level in the individual-contributor role. We've since added staff and principal positions. However, instead of automatically bumping up those who already exceed the senior dev role, we have to go through a whole promotion cycle. People should have been bumped up automatically outside of the promotion cycle. * Fourteen core values are too many. Psychology suggests that the average person can keep about seven items in mind at the same time. That means it's impossible for any one person to mentally consider all the values together as a group. Plus, if these are truly "core" to your values, you should be able to focus on a smaller number of items instead of attempting to copy Amazon with 14 values and talk about every possible value important to the company.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

98point6 Response

We believe we are better, and more successful, when we have diverse teams and a culture of inclusion and belonging. When you hear leaders, managers, or executives communicate their commitment to diversity, and their openness and encouragement of our team members being their authentic selves, it’s because we fundamentally care about our employees and strongly believe that valuing diversity creates higher performing, more engaged teams. This is why we include language in our role expectations that speaks to creating an “...environment where all 98point6ers are included and heard…” and how we expect all of our team members to “...motivate others to bring their authentic selves every day”. Thanks for your feedback on our core values - one of our core values is relentless improvement and we will take this feedback into consideration. - Cami Blumenthal, VP, People

Discover more reviews about 98point6.

98point6 Careers

Cover image for 98point6

From daily meetings to casual conversations, our Core Values are the shared language we use to work more effectively together. They’re at...More

• Benefits
  • Careers

98point6 Photos