99 Cents Only - okay | Glassdoor

"okay"

Current Employee - Cashier/Stocker in Palmdale, CA
Current Employee - Cashier/Stocker in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at 99 Cents Only part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They work with your schedule, so if your in school then this is a great part time job.
opportunities of growth in the company

Cons

they hardly ever go by your scheduled time to leave. (overtime is a must)

Advice to Management

99 cent store core values consists of "working managers". Please enforce this, so the store managers don't sit on their butts all day and order people around.

Other Employee Reviews for 99 Cents Only

"Worst job EVER!!!"

Current Employee - Cashier in Garden Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Garden Grove, CA

I have been working at 99 Cents Only part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The ONLY good thing I can say... If you are a responsible person and have an IQ above a pet rock, they will give you hours. Ooops... one more thing... you get first pick at the deals. I.E. - bacon or lunch meat.

Cons

I don’t even know where to begin with this one. I guess I will start with PAY. Everyone starts at $8.05 an hour and then you are eligible for a $.50 raise after 99 days. FYI they don’t give their reviews on time. The longer they push it off, the better it is on their budget. This includes the “annual” raise which is a joke. The most I’ve ever seen someone get is $.25 an hour. Most people get nothing to (if you are lucky) $.15 an hour! This company hires anyone and they take full advantage of them. Not a nice company to work for. If you do advance in the company, they usually give a dollar raise per position. They treat their employees horrible.

Advice to Management

Drug test your employees and managers. The company hires parolees and drug court people. They pass the initial drug test and then usually resume their "normal" activity after they are off probation or parole. Haven't you ever noticed your employees suddenly losing weight under the guise of diet or sickness??? Get with it!!! Ray Charles can see it from outer space. If make the whole company look bad!!

2. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Tempe, AZ

I worked at 99 Cents Only part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co workers. Nothing else good to say.

Cons

Management have preference for some people, if you are in the good list, and I mean kissing buds, they will give you hours. Most of the employees are part time with no even 20 hrs a week, minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Train your managers and assistants to treat employees with respect. The fact that we are working on a minimum wage doesn't mean that we can be treated like crap.