Aéropostale - good first retail job | Glassdoor

"good first retail job"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Valencia, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Valencia, CA

I worked at Aéropostale part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good employee discount, 30 to 40% and once a month 50% and accelerated outfit discounts
Retail experience
Flexible scheduling

Cons

Management can be a hit and miss, in my case i had a great manager and then they switched half the management staff and it blew big time, so bad i had to report my manager to the company.
There is barely ANY hours to be given out no matter the time of year... beware of this if you want lots of hours in a job.
Can be very tedious folding clothes and doing recovery especially when its slow...
NO ROOM TO GROW AT ALL IN THE COMPANY!! You have to be 21 just to be a stupid sales lead...

Advice to Management

Stop overstaffing during the holidays
Get more experienced managers
Change promotions to management...

Other Employee Reviews for Aéropostale

1. "Great part-time job for college students that need flexible work schedule"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Aéropostale part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great management that taught me everything I need to know about retail
    -Friendly co-workers and management was very flexible with my academic schedule

Cons

-Low Pay
    -Not so friendly customers
    -On-Call

2. "Amazing training and great people!"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Stamford, CT

I worked at Aéropostale full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Aeropostale is full of high energy, well rounded people. The company as a whole feels more like a family. From the Part time associates all the way up to your regional manager you feel like you work with them and not for them. Aeropostale also offers an amazing training program which if you utilize it correctly you can become extremely successful.

Cons

I had a great chance to work with many DMs and RMs in the company. Most of them share a similar management style. However I didn't meet a few that did now share the honest and caring style in which everyone else did. I also wish Aeropostale had a better way to communicate open positions in the company. communicated to other

Advice to Management

Have better training for DMs. have better communication for open positions. Perhaps an internal website to look for open positions.