Aéropostale - Where's my paycheck? | Glassdoor

"Where's my paycheck?"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Weatherford, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Weatherford, TX

I worked at Aéropostale part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun to help people find cute clothes.They work around your school schedule.

Cons

I worked for 2 weeks and never filled out any employee paperwork then they wanted to move me to another store when I questioned my pay they said I wasn't hired yet.
So I never got paid and worked for free and have no proof that I worked.

Advice to Management

Have employees fill out paperwork before they work for free.

Other Employee Reviews for Aéropostale

1. "Decent, very fast past"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, OH

I have been working at Aéropostale part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the discount is nice. Easy to get hours and staff is very nice and welcoming of new employees. Work when u want and four hour shifts usually.

Cons

Wage is low, and very boring folding clothes or restocking. Customers aren't the easiest to handle due to language barriers and other barriers

Advice to Management

Push for higher wages because of money that the store makes, a very small part of it goes to the people who work there, a lot goes to corp.

"Extremely ambiguous work environment. Challenging but can be very rewarding as well."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Aéropostale full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair compensation and potential for bonus on a monthly basis. Management at every level, from my experience, easy to work with and willing to develop if you show the passion. Aero cares program to help people in the community and /or employees experiencing hardship. With the brand still growing, opportunity for advancement is still promosing.

Cons

As with any retailer, you have to stay on your feet and think quickly as things change rapidly, sometimes with very little notice. Can be more difficult if your management team doesn't have a strong line of communication. Must have experience dealing with a very heavy workload at times with very little payrol to accommodate the tasks involved.

Advice to Management

Don't lose focus as many other companies have on the team that makes it all possible, operations. Sometimes as managers or anyone in the stores for that matter, we complain. However, when you get right down to it we truly believe in the brand and our ability to impact it or we would not stick around. We love what we do and we always appreciate feeling like we matter. Keep it up, even when sometimes the temptation to be greedy and disheartening seems so much easier.