Aéropostale - Great experience! Fair and amiable management, amazing discount. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aéropostale

"Great experience! Fair and amiable management, amazing discount."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, ME
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, ME

I worked at Aéropostale part-time (More than a year)

Pros

30% discount including clearance plus 50% 2 tops, 2 bottoms, 2 accessories a month.
Willing to schedule as many or as few hours as I was willing/able to work.
Worked around my class schedule
Management spent time explaining the WHY behind everything and involved lower level employees in merchandizing and store-level marketing.
Sizable raises on a regular basis for motivated employees
Ability to move up relatively quickly with good attitude and work ethic, despite no previous experience
FUN!

Cons

Starting pay is average for industry standard (low in general)
"The regular" retail gripes. Rude customers, late nights/early mornings/weekends/holidays.
Shift supervisors need to be over 21 years (too bad for mature, motivated but younger employees)

Advice to Management

My experience was amazing, due in very, very large part to my management. My store manager was fair and respectful of subordinates. He always made us feel like a team and even made mixed Christmas CDs and brought in goodies around the holidays (participation was of course voluntary). Floor sets were fun and always involved music and pizza. Like I mentioned before, the supervisors were always trying to involve sales associates in whatever higher-level tasks they could. TONS of positive reinforcement and therefore very little need for negative counseling or "write-ups". Advice? Keep hiring management like the store manager and supervisors I had.

Other Employee Reviews for Aéropostale

1. "I did not enjoy it."

I have been working at Aéropostale part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The coworkers were good people, and it wasn't a bad job for a sixteen year old boy.

Cons

Three hour shifts and being on call for for a three hour shift are horrible.

Advice to Management

Give the employees real shifts.

"Excellent company, constantly growing, high energy, caring and forward-thinking executives"

Current Employee - Merchandising Manager in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Merchandising Manager in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Aéropostale full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, the cutting-edge forward-thinking executives, constantly doing their best to stay on the front line of retail and fashion.

Cons

None to speak of. Just to make the executives more accessible.

Advice to Management

The company could benefit from making it easier for storeline to communicate with the corporate offices to suggest ideas/make comments. Perhaps regional meetings every quarter where TJ, MJ and MJ sit in with the RMs, DMs, SMs and AMs that are available to talk about the past quarter, what went well and what can go better for the future.