A.C. Moore - Seasonal to possible full time employee | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for A.C. Moore

"Seasonal to possible full time employee"

Current Employee - Sales-Stocking, Cashier, Customer Service in Hyannis, MA
Current Employee - Sales-Stocking, Cashier, Customer Service in Hyannis, MA

I have been working at A.C. Moore part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great store to work for. The people at my store are some of the most friendliest you'll meet. Even being as busy as it is, really down to earth. Projects are fun to do and I actually enjoy doing the cash register for once. Always something there to do so you're not just standing around.

I haven't even been there for a month yet and was asked if I would like to apply for a front end specialist position. I find that very positive and intend to apply. Hopefully it will lead to a full time position with the company.

Cons

Wish seasonal hours were better. Working pretty much two days a week for a few hours isn't all that great.

Advice to Management

Not much I can say, they do a wonderful job. Would just like to see hours posted for next week on time.

Other Employee Reviews for A.C. Moore

1. "Wonderful"

Former Employee - Sales-Stocking, Cashier, Customer Service in Broomall, PA
    Former Employee - Sales-Stocking, Cashier, Customer Service in Broomall, PA

I worked at A.C. Moore part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All the employees worked together. decent starting wage. Very accommodating.

Cons

customers. difficult management. short staffed.

2. "It's retail, it pays the bills and it's not awful"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Boston, MA

I have been working at A.C. Moore full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most co workers are great, some nice past customers, awesome job if you love art, crafts, yarn, floral. New take over by a major craft company slowly but surely making things better including: some lower prices and some great new products. Great vacation time to be earned the longer you are there.

Cons

New discount is lousy, too many new hire managers who are lazy, pay is not great but this is retail. Depending on the store: no organization. NO health benefits to MA residents. Pay scales are lousy to those who have worked over 12+ years and can no longer get a raise. Coupons are a major hassle. Signing program needs massive improvement.

Advice to Management

Please work on hiring quality managers. A lot of managers are throw aways other companies and they come in and sit back and expect everyone else to run the store for them. They have no desire to learn what is best for the customers, employees and the store. Also managers should respect each other and their employees. And don't be afraid to go to your DM if you have things going on in your store. Get rid of employees who start trouble on a constant basis. It's awful for moral