Cover image for A New Leaf

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Sad excuse of an After School Program

Nov 17, 2020 - Youth Care Worker in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The kids were fun and the only thing that made me keep going back

Cons

They have a schedule of daily art/outdoor activities, but they never did it. So the kids were stuck being in a room with nothing but chairs and tables. This then led to the kids becoming unmanageable, I wanted to walk out the first day I was there. Some of the staff there were nice but didn't seem to have the ability to manage the room. You were assigned a lesson to do with the kids, but they never had the supplies available so you would have to make adjustments to the lesson or activity. So you would be given a fun activity to do with the kids but do something pathetic with them cuz you didn't have the material for it.. It always made me feel bad for the kids that this is supposed to be a fun place to be at but it was just a room where adults would watch them and try to have a discussion with them. I did not feel like I made a positive impact on the kids.

A New Leaf Response

Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review, we are sorry you seem to have had a negative experience. We will pass along your comments to management so that they are aware of your concerns.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Caring and Motivated Staff and Volunteers

Dec 13, 2022 - Technical Communications Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Opportunities to provide real, valuable work + Non-profit work culture experience + Structure and guidance as needed, without micro-management + Freedom to shape internship by aligning your learning goals with the agency's needs

Cons

- Company is experiencing big growth! Which is a pro, but also means going through big changes in communication infrastructure; this makes deliverable pipelines vague and somewhat inefficient.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Work For The Nonprofit Sector

Nov 16, 2022 - Digital Content Specialist in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

-A lot of nonprofits really struggle to deliver on their programs, but A New Leaf is able to get the resources needed to do the job. -The people that work here are good people. That's the best part -Generous vacation time if you stick around -Fight for good compensation and you can get it, just be direct with your supervisor

Cons

They struggle with staffing, and sometimes program management because of how diverse they are. But given how good they do compared to other nonprofits, it's definitely forgivable.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about A New Leaf.

A New Leaf Photos

+ Add Photo
A New Leaf photo of: Melinda prepares to work as a case manager in A New Leaf's shelter services programs.
A New Leaf photo of: Colette and volunteers help prepare meals at one of A New Leaf's shelters.
A New Leaf photo of: Large volunteer groups often prepare meals at A New Leaf's homeless and domestic violence shelters.
A New Leaf photo of: Melinda and Jess deliver food to a domestic violence shelter
A New Leaf photo of: A New Leaf lights our administrative office purple for domestic violence awareness month.
A New Leaf photo of: Colette helps with many administrative tasks, and also helps recruit interns at program sites across the Valley!
A New Leaf photo of: Laura attends an event with community volunteers!

A New Leaf Job Seekers Also Viewed