A Place for Mom - STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for A Place for Mom

"STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY"

Former Employee - Elder Care Advisor
Former Employee - Elder Care Advisor

Pros

A great training week in Seattle. They spend a TON of money to make you feel like an asset to the company. They parade in all of the upper management to tell you that you are coming in on the ground level of the greatest opportunity you will every come across.

Cons

Once you leave Seattle, everything changes. From the policies you signed to the training they say they are going to give you.. nothing is what they have told you. If they say you can make 50 to 60,000, that is after at least two years and with being commission only you are digging yourself out of the hole for those two years. They will tell you in training that they are on your side and will help you in anyway possible...that is a lie....you will receive plenty of leads, but only less that 1% are viable, and of that less than one percent they are not moving immediately, are not financially able (due to selling a house etc.), or are looking at a non partner facility. A Place for Mom sets you up for failure. Stay away!!!! Wait until a true viable job offer comes to you. This is not the place for you or your family. They have hired in my training class of twenty, nineteen college degreed adults and treat us like uneducated children. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!! THEY WILL BE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!

Advice to Management

Management needs to have a better training program in place. They need to tell new advisors the full truth during the interview process (being sued, training expectations, the true salary) so that a future employee can make an educated decision. They need trained trainers. Not people hired off the street who have never done the job (Elder Care Advisor). No one in this company has been here since its inception. They do not acknowledge the lawsuit that they loss. Management has a backwards approach to new hires.

Other Employee Reviews for A Place for Mom

1. "Promising opportunity, always growing"

I have been working at A Place for Mom full-time

Pros

- Fast paced environment
    - Always opportunities to learn
    - Feels like a start up
    - Great coworkers
    - New challenges
    - AWESOME location, very easy commute from north Seattle neighborhoods

I feel that my job allows me to be much more creative with this company than a similar position with a larger company. I also have a full view of Lake Union from my desk, and it's really nice to have such a great view while I work all day.

Cons

- Benefits are not as competitive
    - Changes can sometimes be unpredictable

2. "Company over extended themselves and it was the Senior Living Advisors that had to pay"

Former Employee - Senior Living Advisor
    Former Employee - Senior Living Advisor

I worked at A Place for Mom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Real "feel good" job. Loved helping families. Working from home. Good technical support.

Cons

Not much support from upper management. New reimbursement method "part base salary and part commission" really short changed the SLA's.

Advice to Management

If you want to retain good workers and excellent SLA's, you need to be paid accordingly and know when something isn't working.