A Place for Mom - APFM treats employees like toilet paper - when they've been used, tear 'em off and flush 'em. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for A Place for Mom

"APFM treats employees like toilet paper - when they've been used, tear 'em off and flush 'em."

Former Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at A Place for Mom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to help people. Great people in the industry. Great co-workers.

Cons

Management.
Constant fiddling with everything.
Inaccurate description of the job. I was told that APFM spent MILLIONS of dollars acquiring leads, and all I had to do was dial for dollars. Before long that was completely false.

Advice to Management

Figure out what kind of people would be good at the job, and then train and pay appropriately.
Or change the way you generate revenue. Treating fellow humans they way you treat EAs is very wrong.
This is a very bad company for 90% of the people they hire.

Other Employee Reviews for A Place for Mom

"My experience at A Place For Mom has been my best experience so far, in a long working career."

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at A Place for Mom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A Place For Mom represents 'the right idea at the right time' - the company mission is to help families find senior care options that are right, both for the family and for the senior. The Senior Care world is growing rapidly as our population ages and life expectancies increase. Working at A Place For Mom represents an opportunity to really help people, and to at the same time, to work for a successful, growing company that is expanding and hiring, even in the present difficult economic environment. Since I began working here a little over 3 years ago I've had the opportunity to work in several different departments and have been promoted twice! I've had an opportunity to learn and grow with the company and my experience base and income have benefited accordingly - I feel very fortunate to work for this company!

Cons

I believe we as a company have learned a lot in recent years, and management has made significant improvements in the areas of training & development, and in compensation in the last 9 months - unfortunately there was a time when Eldercare Advisors in the field were paid on a comission basis and that did not work well for a number of folks. I feel like, based on what I've seen in the last year, that the 'cons' are behind us and that things will get even better going forward.

Advice to Management

I feel like Management is pretty transparent and I believe there is great value in continuing and even expanding that transparency.

"A great place to start!"

Current Employee - Learning & Development Business Partner in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Learning & Development Business Partner in Seattle, WA

I have been working at A Place for Mom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

APFM is a great place to build experience, network with amazing people, and offers a vast amount of opportunities for growth for those that work hard and show that they are reliable. I have learned so many valuable lessons during my time here, and I was able to take advantage of the growth opportunities through my own promotion from the call center to learning and developement.

Cons

Every work place has their cons, but nothing about APFM stands out to me as a major con. There are many more pros!