A Place for Mom - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at A Place for Mom full-time

Pros

There are many nice people to work with at A Place For Mom. The management staff is top notch and the experience level of the employees is very good. You can learn alot working at a company like this. Gossip is at a minimum. Everyone works hard and puts in 110%, however there is a fair work life balance and the attrition rate is low.

Cons

There are typical small company stresses. Very little chance of upward advancement since the company is small, however you know that going in.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for A Place for Mom

"A TOTAL SCAM AND OPPRESSIVE MICROMANAGEMENT"

Former Employee - Senior Living Advisor in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Living Advisor in Miami, FL

I worked at A Place for Mom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was in one of the early cadre and actually LOVED the work helping families, but found out quickly that they lied, cheated and stole as they churned through hundreds and hundreds of people doing their dirty work for next to nothing WHILE BEING BULLIED SENSELESS. I was retired and looking for something interesting to do. Came with exec experience and MBA from top school so I know a little bit about management...THEY DID NOT...A WORK AT HOME SWEATSHOP!!! And these are the PROS!!!

Cons

This really is a true scam, semi-ponzi scheme wrapped in the aura of being helpful. EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF MY "CLASS" of 16 was gone in less than six months all with the same basic complaints. They pushed you hard but gave nothing in return, hard to get paid what you earned and reimbursed expenses (forget about it!!!). But I'm back here checking on them several years later and being "taken over" by Warburg Pinckus expecting that they may have grown up...THEY HAVN'ET...STILL A WRAPPED IN A PRETTY RIBBON SWEAT SHOP and I'm guessing that they continue to run close to 100% turnover of representatives. There was a major Ex-employee lawsuit won by employees, but I stayed out of it largely because I wanted absolutely nothing to do with these thieves!!! If you're desperate for a job, stay desperate, this place will drain you of your soul and be a total waste of time with little or no money!!!

Advice to Management

GO TO JAIL !!!

"Fun and Promising Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at A Place for Mom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Intelligent colleagues
    - Flexible schedule
    - Internal promotion
    - Great technology
    - Great location overlooking Lake Union

Cons

- Not enough inter-departmental interaction
    - Poor selection of places to eat in the immediate vicinity. A downtown location would be more accessible for most workers too.

Advice to Management

- Greater emphasis on the positive impact we have on people's lives.