A.S. Watson Group - Average and boring | Glassdoor

"Average and boring"

Former Employee - Analyst in London, England

I worked at A.S. Watson Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good workforce diversity at work place. I can't believe I am saying anything good about HR but actually local HR team are not bad. They are tightly controlled by HK head office but they are trying their best. Good location in Battersea, right next to the park. HR makes good effort to educate western employees on Chinese culture.

Cons

At local senior level company tends to hire on paper credentials but those people turn out pretty average. So you get bunch of fat cats not doing much. Managers hire to increase span of control and not because they actually need a resource. As a result, most of the time I had nothing to do. In the end I got bored of being bored, so I left. Cheapness and low cost culture is all around you: pay below industry... standard, no canteen, no place to have lunch, tight desk space, overcrowded office, cheap Christmas parties and list goes on.

Advice to Management

Monitor what senior management does all day. You may be surprised with what you find.

A.S. Watson Group2019-01-23

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Getzville, NY

I worked at A.S. Watson Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly employee and comfortable environment

Cons

Lower average market wage than others

A.S. Watson Group2016-08-14

A.S. Watson Group Response

August 25, 2017

Thank you for leaving us a review. At A.S. Watson we actually don’t hold any of our operations in America henceforth it’s extremely difficult for us to ensure your feedback gets to the right place. We’re very sorry we couldn’t be of much help this time.

2. "Designer"

I worked at A.S. Watson Group full-time

Pros

Fellow Designers were a great team to work alongside.

Cons

Unappreciative managers. Seniors look down on other staff. Long hours. Always backlogs. Not paid enough for the work we do.

A.S. Watson Group2017-08-24

A.S. Watson Group Response

August 29, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Your feedback will be forwarded in the right direction. We would like to wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Discover more reviews about A.S. Watson Group.