A Taxi Cab - driver | Glassdoor

"driver"

Former Contractor - Driver in Santa Ana, CA
Former Contractor - Driver in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at A Taxi Cab as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

they have got calls, lots of calls, with a catchy 800 number buisness keeps going. full staff of dispatchers and call takers, real time message board keeps you informed of road conditions and potential buisness

Cons

the mechanic shop is out of wack, needs more mechanics to REPLACE a few in the shop, some will even fix a taxi that just came in for a little cash on the side.

Advice to Management

elliminate cash in the mechanic shop, pay better mechanics more, promote a mechanic maybe carlos, to shop manager, and limit other interference in the shop.

Other Employee Reviews for A Taxi Cab

1. "Great once you learn where and when to work and build up some good, steady clientele."

Former Employee - Driver in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Driver in Anaheim, CA

Pros

Make your own schedule. Very fast and easy money at times. You get a newer Chrysler or Dodge minivan, it's yours 24/7 until your lease is up. Paid daily. Passengers are usually pleasant and even interesting or funny. Earnings are very high during busiest conventions in Anaheim, $400-$600 a day was typical.

Cons

Slow days are too common and made me feel like I was wasting my time. You might only make $20 in a day or you might make hundreds, you never really knew how much work might come in. Taxi lease is high but necessary in order for company to operate. My lease ranged anywhere from $500-$650 a week plus $175-$300 a week for gas. This was much easier to make if you did account work for the taxi company. Lots of account work is available. The bad thing about account work is that all account work earnings go straight towards driver's taxi lease. After expenses (gas+ taxi lease) my average take home pay was $875 a week. The last but not least con is that Uber and Lyft are very popular and taking over.

Advice to Management

Come up with a way for drivers to turn account work in for cash as long as driver is in good standing with taxi lease. Keep drivers happy so they don't take out frustrations on passengers. Dispatch needs to be friendlier to callers and answer calls quickly. I heard lots of complaints about dispatch from my passengers. I couldn't believe that these same passengers would keep calling back for more rides.

2. "driver/dispatch/phone operator"

Former Employee - Driver/Dispatch in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Driver/Dispatch in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at A Taxi Cab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

sometimes good tips, meet celebrities sometimes

Cons

the people you work with are cutthroat, do not care.

Advice to Management

change your ways of treating people