KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 10 years

Project Manager

Nov 5, 2017 - Project Manager in Plain City, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, good company to gain experience in client relations, contractor management and technology without big corporate restrictions. Good place for a recent college grad or someone in college as a stepping stone. Company has come a long way in the 15+ yrs in business.

Cons

Limited opportunities once you are in management due to size of company and industry. Due to industry there are a lot of peaks and valleys with pipeline of business. Competition is tough but they have managed to hang with them.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Experience!

Mar 28, 2018 - Asset Preservation Coordinator in Nova Odessa
    Business Outlook

Pros

A2Z is truly a great company to work for. Management is very approachable and all take an interest in employees wellbeing and success. Company hosts fun events throughout the year. Benefits are provided day one of employment which is great. Room for advancement within the company. A2Z is the best field services provider out there.

Cons

Due to the nature of the industry job security can sometimes be a concern. This is no fault of their own, simply a drawback of the industry.

2. 4.0
    Current Contractor

Flexible but low pay

Dec 19, 2021 - Field Inspector
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Fairly easy upload process The jobs are pretty easy. I go to a property, which is usually vacant, take photos, and answer a few questions about the property conditions. I do all of this using an app provided by the company. I normally have between 3-5 days to submit reports and the entire inspection and upload process are usually pretty quick. I get to set the radius I am willing to travel for the fees that are offered. If they offer me inspections that are outside of my radius I can offer to do them for higher fees, which the company may or may not accept. I also have the ability to reject any assignment that I don't want to do, which is good for those properties that I really don't want to return to after the first visit. They never guaranteed a set number of work orders every month, so I do these for occasional lunch money. If I were willing to travel farther, I'd probably get more orders, but then I'd be losing money. In this field, however, work can be hit or miss. I've always been paid on time. I like that there is a clear calendar on the vendor website that shows when and how much I am getting paid. I don't make much money from this at all. Most of the time it qualifies as Starbucks or Netflix money, but it was never presented to me as a huge moneymaker. I haven't had a difficult assignment yet and everything is done through an app, so I keep them in rotation.

Cons

Low pay Inconsistent work load Too many apps Slow pay schedule Uploading reports is normally a quick process, but the company utilizes a couple of different apps and it can be a little confusing at first to find the information that you need. Almost all of the properties I visit are vacant. Some of the properties are in better condition than others, which can be scary at times because some homes are complete disasters. I usually get paid $12 per visit, unless it is out of my territory and I have negotiated a much higher fee, so I tend to be pickier about the houses I'll return to. I made the mistake of accepting a door hanger inspection once and was only paid $10 for it. It takes about a month to get paid for your work and you're not guaranteed work every week, so it is very inconsistent. This is another gig that helps fill the gaps between other contracts or maybe some extra spending money.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about A2Z Field Services.