KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great pay

May 12, 2014 - HUD Quality Assurance Analyst in Plain City, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked in quality assurance for a year. The pay was excellent, and I loved the people I worked with. You get the full benefits package and 2 paid 15 minute breaks throughout the day. There is relatively little people interaction (I suppose this is a con if you are a people person), since it is primarily computer work-as fast and as accurate as you can.

Cons

Sitting at a desk and concentrating for 8 hours can get old. Looking at pictures of wrecked houses can get old. Telling vendors to fix what they already know they did wrong can get old. However, I don't hold this against the company. This is what you are paid to do. Everything you do is recorded (actions in the work invoice-not cameras watching you), and it is reviewed through sampling. It can get a little stressful because there are several different people that could be doing it with several different opinions on what was the right decision.

1 person found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Experience!

Mar 28, 2018 - Asset Preservation Coordinator in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

A2Z is truly a great company to work for. Management is very approachable and all take an interest in employees wellbeing and success. Company hosts fun events throughout the year. Benefits are provided day one of employment which is great. Room for advancement within the company. A2Z is the best field services provider out there.

Cons

Due to the nature of the industry job security can sometimes be a concern. This is no fault of their own, simply a drawback of the industry.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Contractor

Flexible but low pay

Dec 19, 2021 - Field Inspector
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Fairly easy upload process The jobs are pretty easy. I go to a property, which is usually vacant, take photos, and answer a few questions about the property conditions. I do all of this using an app provided by the company. I normally have between 3-5 days to submit reports and the entire inspection and upload process are usually pretty quick. I get to set the radius I am willing to travel for the fees that are offered. If they offer me inspections that are outside of my radius I can offer to do them for higher fees, which the company may or may not accept. I also have the ability to reject any assignment that I don't want to do, which is good for those properties that I really don't want to return to after the first visit. They never guaranteed a set number of work orders every month, so I do these for occasional lunch money. If I were willing to travel farther, I'd probably get more orders, but then I'd be losing money. In this field, however, work can be hit or miss. I've always been paid on time. I like that there is a clear calendar on the vendor website that shows when and how much I am getting paid. I don't make much money from this at all. Most of the time it qualifies as Starbucks or Netflix money, but it was never presented to me as a huge moneymaker. I haven't had a difficult assignment yet and everything is done through an app, so I keep them in rotation.

Cons

Low pay Inconsistent work load Too many apps Slow pay schedule Uploading reports is normally a quick process, but the company utilizes a couple of different apps and it can be a little confusing at first to find the information that you need. Almost all of the properties I visit are vacant. Some of the properties are in better condition than others, which can be scary at times because some homes are complete disasters. I usually get paid $12 per visit, unless it is out of my territory and I have negotiated a much higher fee, so I tend to be pickier about the houses I'll return to. I made the mistake of accepting a door hanger inspection once and was only paid $10 for it. It takes about a month to get paid for your work and you're not guaranteed work every week, so it is very inconsistent. This is another gig that helps fill the gaps between other contracts or maybe some extra spending money.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about A2Z Field Services.