AAA Colorado - Enjoyed my time at AAA - great coworkers and customers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AAA Colorado

"Enjoyed my time at AAA - great coworkers and customers"

Former Employee - Domestic Travel Counselor in Boulder, CO
Former Employee - Domestic Travel Counselor in Boulder, CO

I worked at AAA Colorado full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

promoted quickly
excellent training
friendly coworkers
customer interaction
variety of positions in office - general member assistance, travel product sales, insurance, travel packages, car sales

Cons

All training was done at the headquarter office in Denver, CO no matter what your home office was. Driving from Boulder, CO to Denver, CO wasn't that bad as long as it wasn't snowing/sleeting and they did cover mileage.
6 Day work weeks and the shifts on Saturday were only a half day, so it interrupted weekend travel plans for only a few hours of work.

Other Employee Reviews for AAA Colorado

1. "Poor Communication"

I worked at AAA Colorado full-time

Pros

Great Benefits for medical insurance.

Cons

Company is poor at communication and pay. Also, many areas for hostile work environments

Advice to Management

Seek training and better communication to employees

"Management"

Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at AAA Colorado full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

you get a free membership while employed. Honestly I struggled to come up with that, which should tell you something.

Cons

Worst leadership I've ever worked with. There is no care for the front-line staff and if you don't play your politics right they'll quickly build a case and try to get you fired. I've seen so many unethical things at AAA. Also this is a company that will heavily focus on the negatives and completely neglect the positives. You're a means to an end here. There is NO work life balance and the benefits are so bad and expensive that you're probably better off not having it. The pay is very low and if you decide to work here then be prepared to do 4 jobs at once because they're going to take advantage of you.

Advice to Management

It's ok to value your employees and let them know that you appreciate them.
     I highly recommend that the leadership team sit with the front-line staff and observe their struggles so they make better decisions on the processes they implement. The front-line staff works VERY hard and the leadership team needs to make it a top priority to focus on production and not politics. But to be honest the best advice I can give is to clean house and terminate most managers and everyone above them because that's the only way positive change will happen.