AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah - over 50 years of family here with aaa | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah

"over 50 years of family here with aaa"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Lakeport, CA
Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Lakeport, CA

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have family that satarted in the ealy 60's at AAA,, I have been here 39 years and I just talked my daughter into comming here..... its not perfect but neither am I ...I have been able to provide an above average income for my family and at the same time feel good about what I sell and proud of those I work with... I see great concern for our members and an attitude of let's do what is best for all... I love my work here... and you have that chance too...

Cons

the IT systems, which are getting better... can drive you nuts at times.... and if you don't pay attention, you can be a work aloholic... so you have to learn to say NO

Advice to Management

just remember that in the end.... by doing what is BEST for our clients, we get the best for ourselves...

Other Employee Reviews for AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah

"Solid Company...."

Current Employee - Accounting
    Current Employee - Accounting

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Comparable wages, benefits, employees allowed to use their brain and make decisions for the best interest of their members and co-associates alike.

Cons

See below. Not many cons for AAA other than "Offshore" business practices for IT Solutions and accounts payable. Often multiple calls into IT's takes many calls to not so helpful desk. One call should be sufficient, this is not the case. There is a strong communication disconnect with "offshore" support.

Advice to Management

Many front line employees were laid off due to false reports on business needs. Hire employees and stop using temps as a solution, this is a band aid to a problem and actually address business needs.

"What Now?"

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is truly a member driven company. Nearly every initiative is predicated on how the member feels and what they want.

Cons

The management in the company changes nearly every single year. It's impossible to get any traction as the main office executives or field managers are being re organized, fired or moved constantly. The branch employees can't rely or build relationships with any manager as they will be gone soon.

Advice to Management

Focus one tenth of the time you spend on making the member happy and at least pretend to care about your employees and what they need. LEADERSHIP!