AAAS - Good people | Glassdoor

"Good people"

Pros

Good benefits, good people. Relaxed place with little micromanagement.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments can cause some problems.

Other Employee Reviews for AAAS

"Working for AAAS"

Pros

AAAS has great employee benefits, especially their retirement plan. The pay is competitive in the area compared to other non-profits. The company allowed me opportunities to take additional training often.

Cons

There is poor communication between senior management and middle management. In my expereince I saw favoritism when it cam to promotions, raises and bonuses.

Advice to Management

My advice to the leadership at AAAS is to simply listen to the staff more. The issues I brought to the attention of the management while I was there often seemed to fall on deaf ears.

2. "Overall a decent place to work depending on your department"

I worked at AAAS full-time

Pros

Slowly but surely moving the right direction. Management was aware some growth and changes were needed, but did struggle to see how many of the challenges tied back to their leadership and communication to senior managers. Benefits were amazing. Some of the support staff were really great people that helped to create a positive environment.

Cons

I was on a team that developed some serious leadership problems, so that was the end of that.

Advice to Management

Take leadership seriously. Bad leaders hold the organization back while good leaders can help move it forward. There are always politics, but sometimes you have to rock the boat to keep it from sinking.